🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When connects refunded? Contract cancelation ...
Page options
umairmughal77
Community Member

When connects refunded? Contract cancelation and refunding issues

Hello Upworkers,

Hope all of you doing great. I have some questions.

1. When connects should be refunded except I got hired. what if the job closed or the proposal was archived?

2. What if the clients come and say do the work and take payments after 2 months?

3. If a client mistakenly ends the contract and sends an offer again. ( Is have any effect on profile)

4. What if a client didn't write a review except for 5 stars. 

5. What if a client is not responding and also have no active milestone, should I end the contract on my side with no feedback. (Job ended with no feedback have some effect on profile)

6. How I can calculate JSS?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Umair,

We will return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. To learn how payment works for each type of contract you can check out these help articles here and here. A canceled offer does not have any effect on your profile, only contracts with feedback do. 

Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, make any final payments, and leave feedback. If the contract has become inactive, however, you can feel free to close it on your end. For more info about what affects your JSS check out this help article

~Andrea
Upwork
umairmughal77
Community Member

A job that you submitted a proposal for, *****, has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived.

will I get beak my connects for this type? 

Umair, please know Connects are not returned for expired job posts. If your Connects are returned in this case will depend on if the job post was closed by the client without hiring.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea, 

Does this mean that new clients that post a job, and never come back to upwork (job expires) are just wasting the freelancers connects?

I have many proposals where nobody gets hired, the job is no longer active, and I'm not getting  any connect refunds.

For example:

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01fbe2e37d7ce1dc6f/

The job was posted more than 2 months ago.

The job is closed.

The client payment method is not verified, and has not hired anyone.

However connects where never refunded.

Why?

Thank you.

Santiago V wrote:

Hello Andrea, 

Does this mean that new clients that post a job, and never come back to upwork (job expires) are just wasting the freelancers connects?

I have many proposals where nobody gets hired, the job is no longer active, and I'm not getting  any connect refunds.

For example:

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01fbe2e37d7ce1dc6f/

The job was posted more than 2 months ago.

The job is closed.

The client payment method is not verified, and has not hired anyone.

However connects where never refunded.

Why?

Thank you.

UW is not a vending machine. Think of connects more like postage stamps on letters seeking work. Or fees to place an advertisement in the newspaper. If the client doesn't hire you, the post office doesn't refund your postage. The newspaper doesn't give you your money back--they already ran the ad. 

There are two specific circumstances in which your connects are refunded: if a job post is taken down by UW because it violates the ToS or if the client closes the job without having hired anyone on the platform.

eb2cdd17
Community Member

I understand free connects are not rewarded upon winning an interview now but I started  a new contract with a client, why haven't the used contract and the Reward connects been awarded? Atleast the used connects for that job should be given. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths