🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When did you start on Upwork?
Page options
83b1f5ac
Community Member

When did you start on Upwork?

I got started on Upwork nearly a couple of months ago and I'm now beginning to get my first results.

I'm curious to know: how has your experience been so far? 

Happy to be part of the community where we can connect and help each other! 🙂

86 REPLIES 86
patriciaeh
Community Member

I started on Upwork July 2021 but it wasnt until December 2021 till I got hired for a first job. I had 2 contracts with same employer and later on I was hired by a company that I now work full time for. It was hard for me at first working a day time job and then at night on Upwork but later on I quit my day job and now I'm constantly learning new things at my job which is very exciting because my job on Upwork now is something new that I didnt have previous experience with!

finesaberisha
Community Member

For me, Upwork changed my life. I decided to go from on-site to full remote just because of Upwork. This happened within 6 months of opening the account which means I worked hard to find clients and to achieve Top Rated Plus badge.

Same here! This is awesome!

codelgado
Community Member

I have been here for more than 8 years... It was odesk at the time, then it merged with elance and became Upwork. I think it takes a little bit of time, but I live with my income from Upwork. My recommendation is to always do an outstanding job, the amount that you will win doesn't matters, it just matters the review that you will get from the client. If you have a great profile, you will find jobs with ease!

9888f347
Community Member

i started the upwork nearly a 2 months ago and now i'm not getting any order. 

i'm having such an bad experience i don't know why but i want work! 😞

I have started two months ago as well and completed 8 jobs till now, its not about how many proposal you send and waste your connects. Always prefer quality if you are new to platform and only bid for those job which matches your skill set 100%.

Here is a tip always wrote the hook line on the top, and engage the client within first two lines, it doesn't matter you're expert or newbie Don't write tons of your experiences he/she doesn't even care about that if your into this project then he definitely interview you and lastly try to end with question.
Note:( all the above analysis is base on personal experience)
bc94f1cf
Community Member

i am new contracts attorney on upwork 🙂 with 7 + years of experience

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths