🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I get payed for an hourly contract?!
Page options
mamatosen
Community Member

When do I get payed for an hourly contract?!

Hey people,

I'm really confused about the hourly contracts. I did some work and the last logged hour was Monday the 24th of October. The guy I did the job for says he has paid for the hours but there is no money in my account.

The first week of work was from the 18th to the 23rd of Oct. I didn't get paid for that either. It's so confusing. Every time I contact the support they just give me links to more confusing articles haha.

If you can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

There is really nothing to be confused about, it is very simple I will try to explain you.

The work week runs from Monday through Sunday at midnight UTC. All the hours logged during the workweek will be allowed 5 days for the client's review, so the review period ends on Friday. If you are a top-rated freelancer, you get paid on Friday. In your case, since you are not a Top Rated Freelancer, you have to wait another 5 days and you will be paid on Wednesday. 

So for the workweek 17th - 23rd Oct, you will be paid tomorrow that is 02nd Nov., And for the next workweek 24th Oct, you will be paid next Wednesday. 

This image explains it very well. 

ashrafkhan81_0-1667322162680.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

There is really nothing to be confused about, it is very simple I will try to explain you.

The work week runs from Monday through Sunday at midnight UTC. All the hours logged during the workweek will be allowed 5 days for the client's review, so the review period ends on Friday. If you are a top-rated freelancer, you get paid on Friday. In your case, since you are not a Top Rated Freelancer, you have to wait another 5 days and you will be paid on Wednesday. 

So for the workweek 17th - 23rd Oct, you will be paid tomorrow that is 02nd Nov., And for the next workweek 24th Oct, you will be paid next Wednesday. 

This image explains it very well. 

ashrafkhan81_0-1667322162680.png

Thank you Ashraf for your brief explanation.

bobafett999
Community Member

The best way to find out is to wait and see what happens.  If your buyer has paid, the money isn't going anywhere. 

How to know if the buyer has paid or not,if there's no contact with buyer?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members