🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

Don't feel bad I have 28 jobs, 20 excelent reviews, made over $60,000 and have never recieved any negative feedback and I don't have one either. Apparently you need 5 - 8 completed jobs with feedback within a 24 month period. 

Hi Rajaram,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You'll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receive a Job Success Score. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. Please check this help article to learn more about Job Success Score.

~ Nikola
Upwork
722ee3d5
Community Member

Hi, I would like to ask if I am qualified to get a JSS or am I near getting it?

petra_r
Community Member

Marlon B wrote:

Hi, I would like to ask if I am qualified to get a JSS or am I near getting it?

You need 4 to 8 (depending on size of contract) completed (closed) cotracts from at least two different clients.

Oliver B wrote:

Should I need to complete at least 4 or 5 projects from different clients ? can I have JSS even if two projects of them came to me from one client? also will their private feedback effect my jss? I would appreciate for your help about this question.

As above, it depends on the size of the contract.

Yes, they have to be from at east 2 different clients.

Yes, of course the private feedback affects the JSS, that is what it is there for. 

722ee3d5
Community Member

Hi Petra, I have 3 jobs already 3 different clients but the first client doesn't give me feedback because I'm the one who closed the contract. It is my first contract and I didn't know that I should let the client close the contract.

JSS is not showing on my profile. How will I get that?

I have completed 7 Jobs on Upwork but I haven't got a JSS score yet. When I will get that can anyone please tell me

Hi Masood,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can find more infromation in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,  i am plus member freelancer in upwork & facing many problem in my profile, someone solve this below topic :

1.  Live chat not available in profile
2.  May be JSS miscalcuted about my job success score

3.  Last week my job success score was 75% , 7 feb updated, now not showing this score see attacthment please.   

So, i want live chat with upwork support, how can i solve this ? 

- Thnaks

Hi Faisal,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Faisal A wrote:

Hello,  i am plus member freelancer in upwork & facing many problem in my profile.

1.  Live chat not available in profile
2.  May be JSS miscalcuted about my job success score

3.  Last week my job success score was 75% , 7 feb updated, now not showing this score see attacthment please.   

1. Life chat is available to top rated freelancers and Rising Talent freelancers.

2. It's is not miscalculated. You don't have a JSS anymore

3. You only have 3 contracts with feedback in your maximum 2 year calculation indow, which is not enough to calculate a JSS from. You had a JSS on the 7th and then the contract from the 7th of February 2019 fell out of the 2 year window so no longer counts.

That said, no JSS is better than a low one like 75%

Faisal A wrote:

So, i want live chat with upwork support, how can i solve this ? 

You can't chat and there is nothing to solve. It's working exactly as designed.

7bd597c2
Community Member

Your profile just shows three positions. I didn't get one until my fifth occupation with various customers. It fluctuates.

petra_r
Community Member

Max D wrote: . I didn't get one until my fifth occupation with various customers. It fluctuates.

Duplicate account?

I want to live chat with support center. Please help me

Dear concern, I would like to approach with difficulties I am facing. The issue is- suddenly my JSS has been hidden and no JSS is displaying status.
I like to have your co-operation to resolving this issue which will inspired me to flourish my career on upwork platform.
Looking forward to hearing back from you,
sincerely thanks

Hi Faisal,

The Upwork system takes snapshots of your six-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is displayed on your profile and updated about every two weeks. It seems that you don't have enough contracts in the maximum calculation window in order to have the Job Success Score. Once you do, you can expect your JSS to start showing up once again. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Faisal A wrote:

The issue is- suddenly my JSS has been hidden and no JSS is displaying status.

You only have 3 contracts with feedback in your maximum 2 year calculation indow, which is not enough to calculate a JSS from. You had a JSS on the 7th and then the contract from the 7th of February 2019 fell out of the 2 year window so no longer counts.

That said, no JSS is better than a low one like 75% which you had before, so t's actually a good thing that you don't have a JSS anymore.

Hello guys
I hope you are doing well
I noticed a week ago that i can't apply to certain jobs with jss 80% or 90%.

So I went and checked my account states, I attached a screen shot below.

My question is what is happening right now and when i can see back my Jss.?

Muntether A wrote:

Hello guys
I hope you are doing well
I noticed a week ago that i can't apply to certain jobs with jss 80% or 90%.

So I went and checked my account states, I attached a screen shot below.

My question is what is happening right now and when i can see back my Jss.?

1. You can apply to these jobs. 

2. You don't qualify for a JSS yet.

3. All working as designed. 

But I had a jss 100% before, also I'm not a new freelancer to not be qulfied for it.

the problem it suddenly hidden. I had 100% shown my profile now it's gone.

Hi Muntether,

Please note that the score is calculated over 6-, 12-, and 24- months windows, so older outcomes fall off the calculation. If you no longer have enough outcomes in a 24-month window, we can't calculate your score. Check out this help article to learn more.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi community,

I have some questions. Please help me out.

Q.1.  Now I have $1k+ earning and 7 jobs. So when my JSS and job responsiveness will generate and show on my profile?

Q.2. One of my "Fixed Job" contracts is not showing in my work history, when will it show and when will I receive the payment (available) of my first milestone my client released today.

Q.3. When I will be able for a Rising Talent/Top rated badge?

Thanks in advance.

petra_r
Community Member

Pooja J wrote:

Q.1.  Now I have $1k+ earning and 7 jobs. So when my JSS and job responsiveness will generate and show on my profile?

You only have 3 closed contracts. It takes a minimum of 4 to 8 completed (ended) contracts from at least 2 different clients to calculate the JSS from, depending on contract size. So you don't have enough yet.

Pooja J wrote:

Q.2. One of my "Fixed Job" contracts is not showing in my work history, when will it show and when will I receive the payment (available) of my first milestone my client released today.

It will show within a day or 2 of money being paid, and the money becomes available to withdraw 5 days after the client released it. (Security Period)

Pooja J wrote:

Q.3. When I will be able for a Rising Talent/Top rated badge?

Rising Talent, probably not as you would have got it by now if you were eligible. If you are eligible, you get it automatically. If you haven't got it, you're not eligible.

For top rated you need a JSS of 90% or higher for a minimum of 13 out of the last 16 weeks so you're some months away from that.

It is very useful! word unscrambler

I have completed my 13 of 16 Top-Rated eligibility weeks, and also I have the badge of Rising Talent, but still I am not given the Top-Rated badge.
Kindly, help me out with this..

Hi Muhammad,

Once you get your Job Success Score, you can start working towards Top Rated Status! Please check out this help article to learn about the requirements to become Top Rated. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
d277beaa
Community Member

Thanks, for replying, but I am Rising Talent for more than 13 weeks now, so I should be Top-Rated as per policy..

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:

Thanks, for replying, but I am Rising Talent for more than 13 weeks now, so I should be Top-Rated as per policy..

No. You must have a Job Success Score of at least 90%. You don't have a Job Success Score at all, so you don't qualify. It's not a "meet some of the criteria" thing. You need to meet all the criteria, and the 90%+ JSS is the most important one.

d277beaa
Community Member

Thanks, for guidance.
But when I will get my JSS?

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:

Thanks, for guidance.
But when I will get my JSS?

After 4 to 8 completed contracts. The JSS is updated every 14 days on a Sunday afternoon, so you might (!) get yours this Sunday. Once you are eligible for top rated, it usually takes about 2 days before it shows.

d277beaa
Community Member

Thanks....

d277beaa
Community Member

Thanks Andrea, for all your help.

Now ,I have my JSS, and also Top Rated Eligible weeks(14), so when I will get my badge.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

To learn more about how you can become a Top Rated freelancer, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, for replying back.

But, I am fulfilling all the requirements?

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:

Now ,I have my JSS, and also Top Rated Eligible weeks(14), so when I will get my badge.

As you were already told last week:  "Once you are eligible for top rated, it usually takes about 1 to 2 days before it shows."

d277beaa
Community Member

Ok, thanks...

How much time takes after completing on a project to get a job success score.

Hi Mohammad Mehedi,

When you get your Job Success Score varies for each freelancer. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, 

I have 2 completed jobs, both 5-star reviews. I was wondering when I will get the JSS? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths