🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

Steve W wrote:

Hmmm, my freelance page shows 5 stars on 6 completed contracts, and 1 ongoing contract. But, I see what you see from the client side.

I believe you are looking at the feedback you left for the client, not vice versa. 

Thanks, now I feel silly. Wish clients would provide feedback.

Steve W wrote:

Thanks, now I feel silly. Wish clients would provide feedback.

They will if you let them close the contract, rather than doing so yourself.

Hi,
I have been here for more than two months and have completed projects and earned above $1000 so far, yet my account does not have success score and feedback is not displayed on my profile.
Can someone please check if there is any issue with my account and help me fix it?

Thank you.

Hi Gabriel,

I checked and all of your feedback is actually showing under your Work History. Note that in order for you to have a JSS, you'll need to complete 4 or more different contracts with 2 or more different clients within 24 months. You can check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello everyone.
I'm currently dealing with 3 issues here and would appreciate some help.

1st issue:
I had acquired the Rising Talent badge and all of the sudden it is missing from my profile. When i look at the related article on the support site, I fulfil all the requirements, but still, it went missing form my profile. I would like to know why? And how can I get it back?

2nd issue:
All of my work done here is rated with 5 stars, but after the big update on the site, my JSS has drastically dropped to a mere 62% !! WHY?

3rd issue:
Can somebody give me a real solution on how to open a support ticket? I only find people referring to the forum. No. I would like to open a support ticket, but that feature seems to be very well hidden.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Oliver B.

Hi Oliver,

Your Rising Talent badge was removed because you have received your Job Success Score. Freelancers can't have both on their profiles at the same time.

We have various support options available 24/7 not only during U.S. hours. A user can access support options available to them by clicking Get Help button on this page and providing some information about their account and issue. If you have any issue you need assistance with, let us know and we'll be happy to look into it or connect you with the team that can assist further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Oliver B wrote:

1st issue:
I had acquired the Rising Talent badge and all of the sudden it is missing from my profile.

2nd issue:
All of my work done here is rated with 5 stars, but after the big update on the site, my JSS has drastically dropped to a mere 62% !! WHY?

3rd issue:
Can somebody give me a real solution on how to open a support ticket?

1. Your Rising Talent Badge has gone because you have a JSS. The two are mutually exclusive

2. The public feedback (stars) is meaningless. What counts is the private feedback left by clients. If that is poor, your JSS is poor.

3. If you want to create a ticket for the above issues, don't bother.

Otherwise, go to the support page, click on the small help icon in the bottom right corner

chatbot.png

When prompted, choose Freelancer, 

When you get a chance to enter text, type "Contact support"

contact support.png

Thanks for your swift reply.

Hello, 

my JSS still hasn't been updated and I completed 7 contracts since March. When will my JSS finally be updated?

Thank you 
Alexandra

My JSS disappeared after it was 100%. I had contracts going on. and no negative fedback that I know of.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Akshay,

You’ll need to have a certain amount of feedback within a 24-month period to receive a Job Success Score. To learn more about your Job Success Score, check out this Help Article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
akki9270
Community Member

Thanks for prompt reply.

Hope there is some mechanism if I continue to work with same client for more than 6 months or a year and I don't need to change client so frequently.

Hi, I have completed 6 jobs in Upwork & all of them are fixed-price jobs. When will I get my Job Success Rate score? 

Do I need to have all three types of Jobs (Hourly, Long term & Fixed Price)?

Hi Kazi Sabbir,

Not all projects and clients are equal! You’ll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receiveJob Success Score:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I also have 6 different pieces of feedbacks from 6 different clients. 

Kazi Sabbir A wrote:

I also have 6 different pieces of feedbacks from 6 different clients. 

Yes, but half of them ended after the last JSS calculation. You'll probably get your JSS when it is next calculated. The JSS is only calculated every 14 days.

Ahammad N wrote:

I have completed 5 porjects and i still didn'tget a jss .

You only have feedback on 3 of them, you need one or more additional closed contracts with feedback. Also, one of them closed after the last time the JSS was updated (on the 30th; last Sunday).

There is never any need to discuss feedback with clients (let alone ask them to leave feedback). Just encourage the client to end the contracts, that way you are guaranteed feedback.

Hi,

I cannot see my Job Success rate. can Someone help?

Thanks,

Hi Charitha,

I'd like to clarify that you should get a JSS once you have completed projects with 2 or more different clients and 4 or more different contracts within 24 months. You may check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am unable to see my job success score, I've completed 3 Jobs with 5Star ratings and accumulated $2000+
Can anyone explain what might be the reason for this and how I can improvise? TIA

Arsalan B wrote:

I am unable to see my job success score, 

You don't have one. You haven't completed enough work for one to be calculated.

Once you have completed 4 to 8 (depending on size) contracts from at least 2 different clients, you'll get a JSS during the next update. The JSS is only calculated once every second Sunday.

Hi All,

I have completed around 5 jobs on Upwork and $1000+ earnings, 4 out 5 clients have given their feedback still I haven't got any badge nor any Job success score.

Would love if the community memebers can visit my profile and tell me whats missing.

Much appreciated.

Padma

bilsim
Community Member

Your projects need to come from different clients. Are those 5-6 different clients? Otherwise, you can wait until your projects are processed, then JSS will show up. 

padma2019
Community Member

Yes all are 5 different clients.

Hi Gurus, I have total 6 jobs and 3 different clients. My JSS isn't calculated yet. Can you please help me in this regard

Hi Azam,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score.

You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

So do I need 2 more projects?

Hi, I have completed 6 different jobs with 3 different clients and 1 is still in progress from 1 month. All are completed with 5 star ratings. However, still there's no JSS on my profile.
Irfan
petra_r
Community Member

Dr. Irfan S wrote:
Hi, I have completed 6 different jobs with 3 different clients and 1 is still in progress from 1 month. All are completed with 5 star ratings. However, still there's no JSS on my profile.

Don't spam the forum. One post is ENTIRELY sufficient!

You don't have a JSS because only 2 of your 5 completed contracts had happened before the JSS was last calculated. It only calculates once every 2 weeks and will be calculated again on Sunday evening UTC. Simply wait.

Heaven known why you are in such a hurry to lose your Rising Talent badge.

1db817f7
Community Member

I apologize. It wasn't intentional. I mistakenly posted twice. I was trying to delete one post but there was no such option. That's why it happened. Sorry.
Irfan

Hello,

I’ve already completed 4 jobs on upwork but i still don’t have a JSS. Also i had a rising talent badge and i don’t have it anymore. Can anyone help me about that? i don’t know what to do

Hi Irakli,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users while their profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you’ll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Isaac,

It takes time to get a Job Success Score. In order to get it, you need to complete:

I suggest checking this help article to learn more about JSS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Alexander for your kind reply,but my issue is my issue is ,am not new to upwork having worked previous projects.My job succesc should be appearing since you have my project data with you.I can not now get clients because of my jss and earnings.Please get back my data so that i can work easily.

Hi Isaac,

It sounds like you have another account. Is that correct? If so, please note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Could you please send me a private message with more information so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

What must I do to receive a JSS as I have completed 5 jobs (with 5 star reviews) however my profile still has no JSS displayed. 

Can Upwork rectify this, or what do I need to do to ensure I get a JSS?

Hi Jordan,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yesterday, I had a JSS score of 80%
I woke up this Monday morning and my JSS score is gone, I have no JSS score anymore

Any advice for me?

That's correct. 

Three of your outcomes fell out of your 2-year window.

As such, you no longer qualify for a JSS.

To get one, you must complete new contracts.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members