🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550
jkiani
Community Member

That's true but I also outsource work so I don't want contributors to know the project price since I want to keep that confidential. I guess the same feeling as knowing how much a client makes when you do projects for them.  

petra_r
Community Member

Jan Haider K wrote:

That's true but I also outsource work so I don't want contributors to know the project price since I want to keep that confidential. 

Hopefully with the clients' full knowledge and consent, on fixed rate contracts only?

And how would the people you farm out work to see your freelancer account?

jkiani
Community Member

Yup. I only do fixed contracts and all my clients are aware of the process and people involved.  

I assume by searching my name in google returns my Upwork profile?

petra_r
Community Member

Jan Haider K wrote:

Yup. I only do fixed contracts and all my clients are aware of the process and people involved.  

I assume by searching my name in google returns my Upwork profile?

You could always try being honest and transparent as to how much money you take for the work those people do? Or do it c orrectly via your agency so everything is above board properly, that's what an agency is there for? There are clearly good reasons why you are so afraid of their reaction when they see how big the gulf is between what you pay them and what "your" clients pay you. 

Hi, I want to ask about JSS OR Rising talent badge.
I've complete 6 orders with same clients. Can I get badge or JSS ?

Hi Khansa,

Congratulations on finding a great client! In order to earn a JSS, however, you need contracts with more than one client. Find the full requirements here

On the other hand, the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I need help I haven't received the JSS even after one month with five jobs and a rising talent badge. When I apply for a job with the filter of rising talent it shows red! mean it is not counted even?

Can anyone help me with this when will I get JSS?

Hi Feroz,

Please keep in mind that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. However, you should receive your Job Success Score soon, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

One of my orders is even not getting counted it's been more than 24 hours till the contract ended plus the public can't see my rising talent badge how I can contact support?

Feroz A wrote:

When I apply for a job with the filter of rising talent it shows red! mean it is not counted even?

There is no Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Hi, thanks for helping out I have attached a screenshot of the badge I have on my profile I received their mail too for rising talent.

Also, I have 5 orders completed but my profile shows 4 even the week has ended and I have received feedback from client.

Hi, I have 5 orders completed but 4 are visible to the public and even me.

I have feedback on it also.

One of my clients added a testimonial It had the status of pending approval once but now it's again in waiting for a client to submit a testimonial.

My rising talent badge is not public and I am not able to apply to a job having a rising talent filter it gives a red mark like I don't have a rising talent badge.

SS attached below.

Hi Feroz,

I checked this for you and the Total Jobs number is correct and the feedback you’re referring to is currently showing on your profile. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’ll see it on your end?  

Let us know if the issue persists.  

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks,

It has been updated now I see the green mark when I apply for a job with a rising talent filter and my 5th job is being counted.

Hey,

I am not able to view my job success score. Could you please share the history of job success score and how it can be shown in my profile?

Manisha K wrote:

Hey,

I am not able to view my job success score. Could you please share the history of job success score and how it can be shown in my profile?

It appears you have not enough jobs in a time-frame for it to be calculated. It will reappear when you complete a few more jobs in the nearer future, maybe one will be enough. (You might get a JSS on Sunday even.) But you will have a calculation with a low number of jobs, and one of them has bad feedback, so it's not going to be great. 

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

Hi all,

Could you please go through my profile and tell me what you think of it? I was wondering why haven't got the top-rated badge or JSS scores?

Thanks in advance.

Costantine E wrote:

Hi all,

Could you please go through my profile and tell me what you think of it? I was wondering why haven't got the top-rated badge or JSS scores?

Thanks in advance.

You only have 3 projects closed with feedback. You usually need like 4-5 projects closed WITH feedback before you get a JSS. You can't get Top Rated until you have a JSS. 

Thank you very much for the feedback Amanda, also I have some inactive contracts I tried to contact my client to close them but no responses any advice?

Hello
I am little confused about Job Success Score. I am working on a contract, and I always work ofline and add the corresponding manual time, will it impact bad on my JSS? Because JSS is also calculated every 3-6months based on the online hours screenshots, but while adding manual time there is no any screenshot.
Please help me out so that I continue my further work without any confusion.
Thank you

If you want to get paid you must be sure to track your time with reasonable memos and acivity levels.
Manual time does not qualify for hourly protection.

Whether manual or tracked makes no difference at all to impact on JSS.
Your JSS is mostly determined by private feedback you receive upon closure.

Thank you sir. That is all I just wanted to know, client is full satisfied
I hope he will leave a super private feedback for me.

Qavi, you need to understand how the platform works before you go much further.

Logging your time manually has nothing to do with the JSS calculation. However, you need to be aware that manual time is not protected at all. If the client decides not to pay, nothing can be done. (If you use the UW time tracker and use it properly, then you are protected adn will be paid for time logged even if the client bails out.)

You need to complete several contracts with several different clients in order to get a JSS. Once you have a score, it is updated every two weeks. The system looks at all contracts closed in the past six months, the past 12 months, and the past 24 months, and displays the best of those three. If your JSS stays at 90 or above for 13 out of 16 consecutive weeks, then you become Top Rated.

This is just an outline. You should review the information availabe for new freelancers in the Help & Support section and in the New to Upwork page of this forum.

Good luck!

my JSS not updated yet. Can you please check?

Salma Sultani M wrote:
my JSS not updated yet. Can you please check?

It won't update for another week...

Hi, My name is Murtaza. From January this year, I completed three jobs so far and received ratings and feedbacks from all the clients. I also passed the Upwork readiness test. When can I expect to see a Job Success Score on my profile? I know the Rising Talent Program depends on many things, but please fill me in on this as well. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Murtaza, 

More than 90% of freelancers have a Job Success Score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects on Upwork. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you, Avery, for the information

At what point we get Job Success Score calculated?

Thanks

Hi Mark, 
Your JSS will appear after you complete one or two more jobs. 

Mark G wrote:

At what point we get Job Success Score calculated?

Thanks

Okay! When will I expect to have a JSS on my profile? I've completed 4 projects with good reviews already.

petra_r
Community Member

John Patrick M wrote:

Okay! When will I expect to have a JSS on my profile?

When you've completed one to three more

jmadr031
Community Member

Awesome! Thanks!

I have completed 5 contracts with two different clients and I have earnings of more than 1k but my stats are still showing nothing is jss

Usama F wrote:
I have completed 5 contracts with two different clients and I have earnings of more than 1k but my stats are still showing nothing is jss

You have completed 3, two of them with feedback, and you need a minimum of four with feedback.

The JSS is only updated every second Sunday, so even if you had enough, it wouldn't be updated yet.

Hi Usama,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can find more information about JSS here

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,
When my Job Success Score will be updated?
I have worked on 3 contracts lately and my JSS didn't change
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members