🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

It's a fortnightly thing, kid.

Check back next Sunday.

Hi, I've only completed one job and was give 5 stars for my work yet when I go to apply to jobs that require a JSS above 90 it is lit up red. Is there another reason I don't have 100% JSS?

Avi G wrote:

Is there another reason I don't have 100% JSS?

Because you have no JSS at all. You can't have a JSS until you have completed several contracts from at least 2 different clients.

hi upwork team,

I am unable to find any email address for support. It's really disgusting that you do not have any support team.

I just noticed that my JSS is gone which was more than 95% earlier. I also see red sign on projects which requires even 90% JSS.

How the hell this is happening.

Anil K wrote:

hi upwork team,

I am unable to find any email address for support. It's really disgusting that you do not have any support team.

I just noticed that my JSS is gone which was more than 95% earlier. I also see red sign on projects which requires even 90% JSS.

How the hell this is happening.

You probably don't have enough contracts with different clients in your calculation window. Do a few more and it will reappear. 

i have earned more than 40k$, more than 50 jobs completed successfully with all  5 * rating. This is definitely not an issue. Don't understand whats happening. Clients ask for preferred qualification as more than 90%JSS in which i am not included. Getting less clients invite. This is horrible behaviour from upwork.

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your message. JSS is updated on your profile on a biweekly basis. You may also see your Job Success score change due to the rolling time window over which the score is calculated. Because your score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is 6-months and one day old. I see that there were no jobs completed from Nov 2019 till Aug 2021. If you have not completed the amount of work necessary to calculate your Job Success score during the above intervals, nothing will be shown on your profile. You should get a JSS back on your Upwork profile once you have enough work history. You can learn more about JSS here.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I have delivered a big project with 4+ rating and I was top rated since 2-3 months now suddenly neither my JSS is showing nor I am top rated.

You can check my profile all I am having is good best ratings and delivery.

Now I need project but my bid is getting rejected from last 2 weeks. Please help me.

Swapnil S wrote:

I have delivered a big project with 4+ rating and I was top rated since 2-3 months now suddenly neither my JSS is showing nor I am top rated.

You can check my profile all I am having is good best ratings and delivery.

Now I need project but my bid is getting rejected from last 2 weeks. Please help me.

You don't have enough jobs for a calculation. You need to finish more jobs to get a JSS again.

Hi, Just a questio. How do I know my job sucess? I have done and completed only one job. When I see a job requiring 90% sucess it says I don't qualify. How's the job success calculated?

George M wrote:

Hi, Just a questio. How do I know my job sucess? I have done and completed only one job. When I see a job requiring 90% sucess it says I don't qualify. How's the job success calculated?

You don't have a JSS yet since you have too few jobs. You need a few more with different clients. 

Since you are new there are some other stuff you can apply, like Upwork Rising Talent 

The Rising Talent badge highlights some of the best new members, 

As Rising Talent, new freelancers and agencies can quickly get started, grow their client base, and establish their freelance reputation on our platform.

You can find more info here:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

And I recommend you to google a bit about it to know more about other's people experiences 

Hi, Why has my Job Success Score (JSS) not been updated till now? It's been two weeks since it was updated. I am really waiting for my JSS to be updated soon. Please help me and find a solution. Thanks

You have only 2 Contracts, it will appear once you work on more number of contracts.

You need more jobs and from different clients. Don't do 5$ private jobs, they look silly and you could be suspected of feedback building. 

I have total 5 jobs right now, One of them is in progress now.

I have earned more than 2k, But still I didn't got any Badge or JSS.

Hello, Himanshu. For starters, you haven't earned more than 2k, as you've claimed. But regardless, since you only need $1k+ earned in the last 12 months, I see what you're getting at. 

Thing is, getting any badge or JSS is different for most freelancers. You should expect JSS or the rising talent badge once you complete your ongoing project — depending on how it goes. I wouldn't worry about it tho. No JSS is always better than a poor JSS, to quote Petra. 

Keep delivering exceptional work and don't bother yourself much about it. I hope you find this helpful. Thanks!

Al'ameen S wrote:

Hello, Himanshu. For starters, you haven't earned more than 2k, as you've claimed. But regardless, since you only need $1k+ earned in the last 12 months, I see what you're getting at. 

Irrelevant. He doesn't need any minimum earnings to get a JSS

Al'ameen S wrote:

You should expect JSS or the rising talent badge once you complete your ongoing project

Not true. He needs 4 or more contracts that are completed with feedback from at least 2 different clients. He has 2 at the moment. There is no minimum number of contracts at all for Rising Talent.

Al'ameen S wrote:

Hello, Himanshu. For starters, you haven't earned more than 2k, as you've claimed.

He actually has, it hasn't been updated yet.

In next week, It'll be 2k+.

For starters, you haven't earned more than 2k, as you've claimed.

But I didn't even got Rising Talent Badge

petra_r
Community Member

Himanshu V wrote:

In next week, It'll be 2k+.

For starters, you haven't earned more than 2k, as you've claimed.

But I don't even got Rising Talent Badge

Ignore what was said in that post, it was incorrect.

The fact that you haven't got a Rising Talent badge means you don't qualify for one, as you would have it automatically if you are qualified.

You'll get a JSS after you have completed 4 or more contracts with at least 2 different clients with feedback.

If that JSS is 90% or better, and you manage to keep it above 90% for at least 13 out of the previous 16 weeks, you will qualify for a top-rated badge if all other criteria are also fulfilled.

hiva251
Community Member

You'll get a JSS after you have completed 4 or more contracts with at least 2 different clients with feedback.

As you can see on my profile, I have total 4 jobs as completed with 2 different clients with feedback.

So is there any reason why I didn't have any JSS or Badge ?

petra_r
Community Member

Himanshu V wrote:

As you can see on my profile, I have total 4 jobs as completed with 2 different clients with feedback.

No. You don't You have 2. And out of your 4 closed contracts, 3 are tiny. ($10 or less)

no feedback.png

Himanshu V wrote: So is there any reason why I didn't have any JSS or Badge ?

Yes, you don't have a JSS because you haven't completed the required number of contracts with feedback, as explained before.

You'll get it sooner or later. Just keep doing good work, get good feedback, and it'll come when it comes. It is automated. Can't reason with AI my man.

No JSS is always b

Al'ameen S wrote:

No JSS is always better than a poor JSS, to quote Petra. 

Huh, where did Petra say this? I am quite sure she said something like absolute nonsense to this idea...

Bilal M wrote:

No JSS is always b

Al'ameen S wrote:

No JSS is always better than a poor JSS, to quote Petra. 

Huh, where did Petra say this? I am quite sure she said something like absolute nonsense to this idea...

Sorry? Why would I??

No JSS **IS** far better than a poor JSS. And I indeed say that frequently.

The last person I said that to ended up with a JSS under 20% when he got one...

i have completed 5 jobs , 4 job in progress, win 1 new job why my job sucess score not show in the profile?

Khuram H wrote:

i have completed 5 jobs , 4 job in progress, win 1 new job why my job sucess score not show in the profile?

Probably because the last 3 were minuscule and actually don't look genuine.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry. No JSS is better than a poor one...

but my earning is 2k+ and next week its 3k+ .how can possible i do my long term client to give me feedback even that job is process.I see multiple file in the upwork there earing 900$ and achive the top rated badge with job scuess score.

Hi! I've been working on UpWork for a few years and I had JSS of 100 and the Top Rated Badge. But today I realised that both of them are missing. It's not that the JSS dropped to a lower percentage, it's completely gone.

Recently I had a situation where I noticed 2 old contracts that hadn't been closed, so I ended them, but the clients didn't left feedback. Could that have an effect on me losing JSS? 

Also, I didn't recieve any emails about this from UpWork. Usually, when I lose Top Rated status, due to some time of inactivity, I get notified by email, but not this time.

JSS counts for last 2 years, and projects with no negative feedback don't count, so you seem to have only 1 project for that time period, and it's less than the required amount for JSS to be active. 

So I just need to finish one or two more jobs for JSS to activate again?

Mihailo M wrote:

So I just need to finish one or two more jobs for JSS to activate again?

You'll need 4 or more of a decent size with feedback in the last 24 months and from at least 2 different clients to get a JSS. How many top-rated eligible weeks do you currently have? They'll be reducing.

So, for now, I should focus on smaller jobs instead of long term on-going projects if I want to reactivate and increase JSS?

Currently, I have 14 top-rated eligible weeks.

Hi,

I have completed 4 projects so far. 

When and how to get Job Success Score?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ca7a5ac1
Community Member

Got it. 

The link to Job Success Score is helpful for me. 

Thanks

I have completed some projects with 5-star ratings.  my job success scores not showing on my profile.

I have Completed 1k+ earnings and 8 jobs, I have also passed radiness test and my profile is 100% complete, But still I didn't get JSS. Can anybody tell me what is wrong with my profile?

Hello Upwork Community!

I started freelancing almost one year ago and already received more than 7 feedbacks. 

But I'm still having Rising Talent badge, even my Top Eligible Weeks is already 16 though.

Is there anybody who can tell me the reason why I can't get the JSS yet?

Thanks.

No, you have received 5 feedbacks. If you'd like to get JSS you should close a few more projects. Considering that one of the clients - with the largest project - likely left a poor private feedback though, I wouldn't be in a rush to get JSS. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members