🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

You don't have any Top Rated eligible weeks yet because you don't have a JSS yet. TR eligibility requires maintaining a JSS of at least 90 for 13 out of the previous 16 weeks. So, first you need a JSS.

As Tatevik noted, you don't want your JSS calculated on the basis of the closed contracts you have right now because the calculation weights them by dollar value and your biggest one likely has very poor private feedback. It's likely the next one you close will trigger your first JSS calculation so ideally, it should be the biggest one currently in progress--assuming you can count on stellar feedback on that one.

Thanks Phyllis. But please take a look at this screenshot. How can we explain this then?

I can't explain that except that UW is notorious for inept message text. If you don't believe me, then look it up. That's probably a good idea anyway, since you only get one UW account per lifetime and if you start off with a low JSS, i.e., below 90 or at worst, high 80s, it's really difficult to dig out of the hole. Plenty of people have done it but it's hard. You'd do yourself a favor by getting thoroughly familiar with how the JSS works and how to manage around it. 

Ok, thanks for your advices and kindness.

It's because you have rising talent. Weeks with either rising talent badge or JSS above 90 are considered eligible. You might get top rated based on this, if you do, you should use the top rated perk to remove the bad feedback from your calculation before JSS kicks in, because when it does it will remove the top rated badge very likely.

Its been a couple of months I did some projects on upwork, I've read the JSS updates every 2 weeks, but mine is still stuck at 0%.
Any help in this regard will be appreciated. Can't reach support as well as they don't have a dedicated email address nor I can open a ticket.

Hey, Haseeb.

Upwork caches the request, for fast response purposes, you may need to clear your browser cache and try again.

It shows 'not yet available' even in the mobile applicaion

You should not try to open a ticket. You need more jobs for a JSS. 

Have you read the help section? Everything is explained there. 

I didn't find anything that it is calculated when the jobs exceed a specific number.
Still thanks for letting me know, cheers

Can someone give me an assistance on when will I see my JSS? I had 3 completed contracts already and 2 contracts that is in progress. I'm already at $1000 earnings this week including my IN REVIEW payment, should i be qualified to TOP RATED automatically? Thanks in advance!

To get JSS you need to have 4 contracts closed within 2 years, and at least 2 of them need to be with different clients. To become top rated you need 13 top rated eligible weeks out of 16. You can see the number of eligible weeks you have in your My Stats page.

thanks for the reply!

I have Top Rated Eligible 16 weeks out of 16.  Does this mean that when i have a $1000 earnings my badge will automaticaly change to TOP RATED? Thanks in advance. 

I have Top Rated Eligible 16 weeks out of 16.  Does this mean that when i have a $1000 earnings my badge will automaticaly change to TOP RATED? Thanks in advance. 

You need to have JSS ( 90%+ ) before you can get top rated badge. To get JSS you need at least 4 projects closed.

I have already completed several jobs, but my JSS doesn't appear on my profile. What can I do?
Also, when can I become Top Rated? How many jobs do I need to complete for that?

Probably at the next update. For top rated you need, among other things, 13 weeks over 90% JSS. 

Hi, Upwork Team!

Recently, I have found some blogs about the jss on upwork and most of them are saying that I should finish 4 contracts from 3 different clients.

So, I took a look at my all contracts and I think I should get a JSS.

Then, Why I can't see the JSS? Are there any restrictions?

Please help.

Cheers,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

You'll need to have a certain amount of feedback to receive a Job Success Score. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects. Since not all projects and clients are equal, the length of time will vary. Nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. The projects need to be with at least three different clients and take place within a 24-month period. 

Please check this help article to learn more about Job Success Score.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9bdd995
Community Member

I have met all requirement for JSS but still not getting can you please help me to get JSS

I have 2 projects closed on my profile(5 Star review) and I got 3 ongoing projects. I have seen people with 1k+ income and they have badges and JSS. 

What should I have to do? 

OR 
What am I doing wrong? 

Regards,
Ali 

For a JSS, you usually need to have reviews from 4 or 5 clients. I'm not sure about rising talent. You won't get a TR week count until you have a JSS (if I understand the process correctly).

What you probably need to do is wait a bit while enjoying the money you are earning. 👍

Yesterday my Job Success Score was 92% and now the score has disappeared. It is showing not yet available. Please help!

Hi Tushar, 

It looks like your oldest contracts have fallen from your calculation window. Please know that in order to calculate a JSS you need to complete Projects with 2 (or more) different clients and 4 (or more) different contracts in the last 24 months.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have done 6 jobs and 2 jobs are in progress, Earned $1k+, Worked 100+ hours but still don't have any badge nor have JSS. Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
Here is my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0104768d55fa9188f3?viewMode=1

It only includes completed contracts over the last 24 months, and you need at least 4-5 contracts from a minimum of 3 different clients.

I have completed 6 jobs from 5 clients. Including 1 project catalog.

Hello,I  joined Upwork roughly 2 weeks ago I got Rising talent, did 2 jobs and got 4.6 as rating (each). I am wondering when will my JSS start showing? is it after 16weeks from now?

I am currently on 2 long contracts with great clients, I am sure I will get a 5Star from them.

Will I still get Top Rated? Thank you.

Hi Wilson,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

To learn about the Top Rated requirements, click here.

~Andrea
Upwork

My JSS is not been calculated. I did not see any valid reason for this. I think there is a bug on upwork. 

Hi Shahzad,

Thank you for your message. We update the score that you see on your profile on a biweekly basis. You may also see your Job Success score change due to the rolling time window over which the score is calculated. Because your score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is 6-months and one day old. We have gone into great detail on how your Job Success score is calculated here.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, I am not new to upwork. so I should have JSS, does not matter what number it should be. Right now JSS is "Not yet available". I did not have "Recent account holds" and have "12-month earnings" of more than $1000

softgudew_1-1648142010916.png

Hi Shahzad,

Please know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
jmadr031
Community Member

Is it the same thing with the agency's JSS? My agency has collated several
projects already and got a score of 13% only. How was this calculated?

I need help regarding my JSS, It is not started yet

Hi, I've completed 4 jobs on upwork with three different clients and total earning is more than $1k, but my stats shows that "job success score is not yet available in upwork ".

Hi Syed,

I can see that you've completed 3 contracts so far. Please, note that in order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You may want to check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,

I started on Upwork three years ago BUT I wasn't active at all and I didn't do any job. Two months ago, I began being active and I did two jobs. However, my JSS is not showing anything. So when I'll receive my JSS score and how the gab will affect it?

thanks  

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for your question. Please note that there are multiple factors and qualifications for you to get your JSS. Freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. In addition, the Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS. You can check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members