🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When does a client get billed for hourly cont...
Page options
cyberdynestudios
Community Member

When does a client get billed for hourly contracts?

I have been working on a contract for a client with a good payment history for 2 weeks. I was paid last week, I have pending payment this week, the review week period is going on and it should end today.

But the contract was paused by Upwork today. I have $355 of pending payment this week, has the client payment method already been billed for this amount and I will receieve it for sure? 

I have contacted the client but they are not online atm. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shehryar,

Re:"Does that mean if the client doesn't fix his payment issue, I am not going to be paid at all for the logged hours?"

It depends on two things. Firstly, Upwork time tracker app needs to be used properly and secondly all tasks of that contract require to be fraudulent free. By then, you will get paid surely under Upwork hourly payment protection. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Shehryar,

Thank you for your message. All logged hours on the Hourly contract are processed as per the weekly billing cycle. The clients are charged on the following Monday at 12 noon UTC after the close of the billing period. I checked the said contract and noticed that we were unable to charge your client's card successfully for the logged hours. Your client will need to resolve issues with the payment method for us to process your earnings for the logged hours.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Does that mean if the client doesn't fix his payment issue, I am not going to be paid at all for the logged hours? 

Shehryar,

Re:"Does that mean if the client doesn't fix his payment issue, I am not going to be paid at all for the logged hours?"

It depends on two things. Firstly, Upwork time tracker app needs to be used properly and secondly all tasks of that contract require to be fraudulent free. By then, you will get paid surely under Upwork hourly payment protection. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths