cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a job show up on one's profile?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1 of 7

I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find the thread. Does a job show on one's profile when the contract starts or finishes?

I seem to remember on oDesk it showed at the beginning.

geigerj
Community Guru
Julianne G Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
2 of 7

Jobs must not show up until the project finishes (or maybe after at least one payment has been made?), because I just viewed my profile as others see it, and it does not show the two jobs I'm currently working on here.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 7

I think it's finished too. I've had a couple of jobs where there were only a few proposals. I tried to see who won by looking at the others' profiles and didn't see anything.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Nichola,

A contract shows publicly once at least $1 is paid on it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 7

Thanks Valeria, but at what point, as a fixed-rate job does it appear? When the client has agreed to release the milestone or after the statutory 6 days?

Also why did Upwork do away with a job showing when it is awarded? It helps other freelancers and encourages clients.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Nichola, contracts take up to 24 hours to appear on a profile after a payment of at least $1 has been charged to the client or the client has released it from Escrow. 

As long as I can remember, the contracts showed only if there was a payment and not the moment the contract is created or the offer is made. Active contracts where no money is paid don't appear on the Work History at all.

~ Valeria
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

@Valeria K wrote:

Nichola, contracts take up to 24 hours to appear on a profile after a payment of at least $1 has been charged to the client or the client has released it from Escrow.

On the freelancer's profile, yes.

On the client's profile it's different 😉

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS