cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the work day end for the Time Tracker?

Highlighted
Katie A Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
1 of 5

When I work in the late evening, my reports will log in some of that time for the next day. For example, I worked one hour on Monday night around 8pm. Upwork put that hour on Tuesday in my reports. It messes up my work day the next day because now there's an extra hour that should be on the day before. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

by default it works on UTC

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
3 of 5

If you're paid hourly it shouldn't matter which day the hour gets logged against. How does it mess up your work? Upwork's system operates on UTC, so you'll see the option to change the time in your work diary to your own time zone, but the time logged each day is based in UTC. 

Highlighted
Katie A Member Since: Aug 23, 2016
4 of 5

Ok that makes sense. I have changed it to my time zone, but I didn't know it logged it on UTC time. It messes up my work because, for example, I have agreed to spend two hours on a certain project. So when I finish my work at two hours, it's in reality only been one hour that day. So now I have to mentally subtrack hours from the time tracker because it's including hours that shouldn't be there for that day. It's just a minor annoyance. And I'll have to find a second time tracker system to help me track my work days. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 5

But it's still been two hours in total that you've spent? Unless you'd agreed to spend two hours on a specific day, I still don't really see how the timezone would affect you like that?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS