Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the working week start?

Highlighted
Varun K Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
1 of 3

Hi there,

I just have a small doubt. I'm just coming to the end of the first week of my first job here and wanted to know when exactly the working week starts?

I accepted the contract on Tuesday (Indian time) and my client is American (13.5 hours difference). So I wanted to know whether the first week ends Monday night American time or Sunday midnight American local time as the normal/standard working week ends?

I also wanted to know that is there like a waiting period after the first week of the contract where the client evaluates the performance and then I receive a notification to go ahead working after positive evaluation?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Varun 

Highlighted
Hitesh A Member Since: May 8, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Varun

Welcome to Upwork!

As i see you are from India,so according to Indian time,the new working week starts at Monday 5.30am IST .So hours logged until 5.30am will get included in current week.And hours logged after 5.30am will be included in next week.

No, you can keep working on the contract tomorrow also,there is no need of notification.Its just that client get time for evaluation of the performance and can file a dispute during that time,if he/she has any doubt on your work or hours logged.

Hope that helps.

Best

Hitesh

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Varun K Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks a lot for your answer and that makes things lot clearer to me.

Cheers,

Varun

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS