Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is JSS updated?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Eric B Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
1 of 14

Hi, 

My current JSS is 86% and I'm working to increase it to at least more than 90% (less than 90% is the same as being invisible). 

I've recently completed a few tasks (2 to be precise) with a 5 stars feedback each time (it's the same client) and I don't see any update of the JSS, so here comes the underlying question: 

When is JSS updated?

Thank you.

Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
2 of 14

@Eric B wrote:

Hi, 

My current JSS is 86% and I'm working to increase it to at least more than 90% (less than 90% is the same as being invisible). 

I've recently completed a few tasks (2 to be precise) with a 5 stars feedback each time (it's the same client) and I don't see any update of the JSS, so here comes the underlying question: 

When is JSS updated?

Thank you.

Every other Sundays. 

The last update was on 7th January, so the next update will be tomorrow. 

Community Guru
Hasmik V Member Since: Aug 12, 2017
BEST ANSWER
3 of 14

Hey Eric,

JSS is updated every two weeks. Next update is this Sunday, 21st of Jan, around midday UTC.

Community Guru
4 of 14

@Hasmik V wrote:

Hey Eric,

JSS is updated every two weeks. Next update is this Sunday, 21st of Jan, around midday UTC.

Thanks Hasmik (and delwar). We'll see what happens.

Community Guru
Ruth B Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
5 of 14

Having a JSS of less than 90% is not the same as being invisible. I got most of my clients before my JSS went above 90% in the last JSS update. It was 81% and 86% for months before that.

Community Guru
6 of 14

@Ruth B wrote:

Having a JSS of less than 90% is not the same as being invisible. I got most of my clients before my JSS went above 90% in the last JSS update. It was 81% and 86% for months before that.

Well, it may be depends on the business you're in. I'm in the webscraping business and I've made may be 20 proposals in the last week as I had a lot of credits, I had 2 answers, I lost one job because there was something I couldn't do (and it took me 4 hours to be able to do those things but in the scraping business, 10mn can be lethal) and the other one will may be give me part of a job but he needs to prepare data for that. 

When I make a proposal, I am perfectly ready to do the job I apply for (I wouldn't apply if that wasn't the case, right?). I've seen myself doing great proposals, being fast, giving proofs of work, giving more than a fair price (not to say cheap) but it wasn't enough.I'll keep fighting.

Jovan J Member Since: Oct 6, 2016
7 of 14

JSS is the worst part on upwork, mine didn't update too, i got all 5 (10/10) and nothing
they need to do something about JSS.
also i agree if you are below 90% (even below 100%) you are invisible.

would love to hear more about "math" behind jss

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 14

@Jovan J wrote:

1) mine didn't update too, i got all 5 (10/10) and nothing
2) also i agree if you are below 90% (even below 100%) you are invisible.

1) It will update next weekend, and you didn't get "all 5 (10/10)" - you just recently had a bad outcome contract removed and the effect of that will likely update next Sunday. (corrected as I got the update date wrong)

2) That's nonsense.

Anyway, you are above 90% - you have had poor private feedback, you did have to use your perk to delete unhappy feedback, so this "all 5 (10/10) isn't true. Take a look at your "My Stats page" and especially the "clients who would recommend me" percentage. That gives you a better picture. It's around 80% - right?

Jovan J Member Since: Oct 6, 2016
9 of 14

it was not bad, it was 4.20 - that's not bad and that doesn't go in JSS when removed
anyway 1 feedback 4.20 + 2 feedback 5, score is?

JSS is updated today - not next week. (every 2 weeks, next 27th)

can you tell me please how do you know that i don't have 5/5 10/10 ?
i still work for same the clients (last 4 - good guys)

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 14

@Jovan J wrote:

JSS is updated today - not next week. (every 2 weeks, next 27th)

can you tell me please how do you know that i don't have 5/5 10/10 ?
i still work for same the clients (last 4 - good guys)

You're right, it did update today - I was a week out, my apologies.

Why did you expect it to go up though? It always takes a lot longer to go up than to go down, that is how percentages work.

Also remember that it is a rolling window, so as you get more feedback older contracts may be falling out of your calculation window ( 6 or 12 or 24 month windows) and furthermore it is interesting how you quite deliberately did not answer the question about the "client would recommend" percentage...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS