🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: When is it okay to close a successful pro...
Page options
luapa
Community Member

When is it okay to close a successful project?

As a freelancer, when is it okay to close a project that has been successfully finished, but that the client has not closed and has been idle for a couple of months, despite your efforts to gently and nicely ask the client if you could close the project? I currently have a 100% JSS and I don't want that to be affected by:

1. Either having projects opened for too long, even though payments have been done already
2. Close projects, as a freelancer, and have this reflect bad upon me

I'm not exactly sure how this works, I've been on upwork for a year and I know little things affect freelancers, as it's happened to me.

And yes, I could leave the projects opened and there for forever, but personally, I hate seeing opened finished projects on my profile and contracts, so, if I can avoid that without affecting me or my JSS, I would prefer it. 

My question is, should I, as a freelancer, close a project that has been succesfully finished but the client didn't close after a couple of months of this project being finished? will this affect my score?

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Yes, close the contract on a completed project after a couple of months of the client not responding to your attempts at communication.

If you only have to do so occasionally, we have been told it will have no effect on your JSS.

And it isn't good for your search for new projects for potential clients to see you are currently "busy" with other clients - who have actually disappeared and require none of your time.

luapa
Community Member

I've definitely heard about this whole search for new jobs, which I am definitely always doing.

So, this client isn't replying to my messages and I worked 7 projects with him, so I have 7 projects opened, which have all been completed successfully, I just don't know if, because of the amount, it would affect my JSS?? that is the last thing I want, I have worked hard to have my 100% JSS and I'm only a few weeks away from top rated 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths