🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When is the next JSS update?
Page options
s_unlucay
Community Member

When is the next JSS update?

Hi there,

I just got my JSS score at it was super low (78%) so asked a few clients to submit reviews and hoping to learn when the next update will be. 

Thank you!

Seda

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Seda,

The Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS and we profile.

Four different Job Success Scores are calculated every two weeks:

• Your average JSS during the past 24 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 12 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 6 months
  • And your “Trending JSS,” which we calculate by adding your average JSS for the past 6 months with your average JSS for the past 3 months, then divide in half.

Please note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time (up to 24 months). I have checked your account and it looks like the last update on your JSS was last 12-June. The next one will be this Sunday, 26-June. Feel free to check this help article to be more acquainted with how JSS works. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
magreth
Community Member

JSS is updated fortnightly. 

Nope. JSS is updated every second week on Sundays. The last one was on the 12th of Jun, so 12+14= 26th of Jun, this weeks Sunday. 

ArjayM

Hi Seda,

The Upwork system takes snapshots of your 3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month history in the marketplace and calculates a score for each. The best score out of these moving time windows is your JSS and we profile.

Four different Job Success Scores are calculated every two weeks:

• Your average JSS during the past 24 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 12 months
  • Your average JSS during the past 6 months
  • And your “Trending JSS,” which we calculate by adding your average JSS for the past 6 months with your average JSS for the past 3 months, then divide in half.

Please note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time (up to 24 months). I have checked your account and it looks like the last update on your JSS was last 12-June. The next one will be this Sunday, 26-June. Feel free to check this help article to be more acquainted with how JSS works. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
17cf1777
Community Member

Can you plz tell when the next update will be of jss? Plz

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The last update was on September 4 and the next one will be on September 18. You may refer to Arjay's response above to know the different JSS that are calculated every two weeks.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks a lot 

Hi dear,  

I have 7 completed jobs.

But didn't get jss. Kindly update it. Thanks

How many different clients?

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your message. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
s_unlucay
Community Member

Thanks so much Arjay!

53a1fe60
Community Member

Why can we not have a rolling update or calendar for JSS. It's not like it's the most important aspect of our professional lives or anything. 😱 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members