Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it is lost can it be regained?

l_tilford
Lonard T Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
1 of 6

Hi All, 

I recently lost my top rated status as my job success dropped into the 80s.  I was wondering, if it is lost can it be regained? Thanks in advance.  Lonard T

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 6

Yep. Last year I dipped into the 80s and recovered. 

miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
3 of 6

Sure buit theres the eligible weeks thingy now as well. 

l_tilford
Lonard T Member Since: Nov 6, 2014
4 of 6

Eligible weeks thingy? 

miroslav84
Community Guru
Miroslav M Member Since: Jan 21, 2016
5 of 6

In "My Stats" there is a bar called "Top Rated Eligible Weeks". That bar needs to show that one is eligible for at least 13 out of the last 16 weeks should they regain the TR badge.  More about TR eligibility: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated?flash_digest=154e34c6132655e...

garriga
Jose G Member Since: May 23, 2016
6 of 6

Some of the mechanisms work over a pretty atavic basis.

Without a half valid reason my JSS drops like a rock from 100% to 88% (feedback is useless as anything below 5 stars is almost an insult). When I recap I get one or some of these as valid:

a) Open contracts, beautifully executed tasks but with potential future milestones. Okkk, go to the client and politely ask for ending the contract.

b) Contract ended successfully by me- everybody happy, happy- but client didn´t pay. He/she should pay soon enough but it still isn´t the case. 

c) Open contract, job done, unpaid, most probably scammed. Yippy, I got a worse rating after working for free. Great.

All in all, after some weeks getting severely underpaid just to pay my dues as a begginer I´m getting kind of disappointed. I just chose to give up some bargains to get traction, I´m giving top notch quality and still get that sense of being shafted.  To make things worse, having a JSS under 90% is bad at multiple levels and, just in my case so I guess someone else went through the same path, quite unfair.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS