cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I click the submit work/request payment button for fixed price?

resuenmagno
Resuen Hope M Member Since: May 10, 2016
1 of 15

Hi! I am new here.  I am a little confused. I was hired for a fixed price project. I received the contract and the client funded the agreed price.  In the contract there is a "(will train)" note. Does that mean that I should click the submit work/request payment button after I train? Or I should just wait for the fund to be released without me doing anything else with that button? I started May 1 and today is the 10th. I have no idea whether to click that button or not.

Please help. Thanks!

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 15

Once you have completed the work submit it via the 'submit work/get paid' button. From there, your funds will automatically be released after a number of days if the client does not do so before the time. This period allows for the client to get back to you with any requests/recommendations/queries while it gets the ball rolling on the countdown to payment.

I usually add a message where I ask the client to please let me know whether there are any further edits/changes he wants to the document (I also specify the number of edits/changes I am prepared to do during the interview stage).

flmarija
Maria T Member Since: Apr 25, 2018
3 of 15

And where exactly is this 'submit work/request payment' button???
Can anyone please answer the simple question that I can't seem to get??? How to bill a client? How to send invoice?? Hourly rate is in question...

Thanks!!!!!!!

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
4 of 15

Hi Maria,

The submit work/request payment feature is a function of a fixed-price contract, however you are working an hourly contract so this isn't applicable to your current contract. On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please check out the information for new users that is provided here, learn about Hourly Payment Protection and then check out all the resources here to familiarize yourself with Upwork. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions, and we'll be glad to help.

~Nina
kalpana-gautam
Kalpana P Member Since: Dec 4, 2020
5 of 15

Ma'am my work is hourly based and it's 6 days work where i need to work every 3 hour of 6 days...

and I am new user so I forgot to open time tracker of my work..now what should I do..

Can you please help me for the same.

flmarija
Maria T Member Since: Apr 25, 2018
6 of 15
I'm really sorry but I cannot help you with this issue.
Perhaps you can agree with the employer about paying you work hours
regardless of the fact that you didn't turn time checker on.
I haven't been using this platform for a long time....
Best of luck!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 15

re: "I am new user so I forgot to open time tracker of my work..now what should I do?"

What should you do?

In the future, you should use the time-tracker properly.

Don't just open the program. Also: click the slider button to start recording your time.

If you did not record your time properly this week, then go ahead and add the time manually if your contract allows you to do so.

If you can not add manual time, then you are allowed to ask the client to pay for your time using the Pay Bonus tool.

But the client is not OBLIGATED to pay you a bonus. It is your responsibility to record your time properly using the time-tracker application.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
8 of 15

If you do not request payment, it is possible for the client to end the contract without paying you. So once you have done the required work, you should request payment right away.

Consider reading through the links contained here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Legitimate-Company/m-p/181283/highlight/true#M104217

You can better protect yourself and get paid if you are familiar with the process.

riyaddesignbd
Md Shamim Hossian R Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
9 of 15

Hello, 

i have some confusion about the fixed price policy. pleace check the screenshots. and if possible help me by inform that what will i do now. i already completed the banner as $5 milstone task. now what will i do? please help me ASAP.

thank you

special regards

md shamim hossain riyad

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
10 of 15

Is the banner for the $5 milestone the entire job, or is there more to the job to do? The total budget agreed is $50 but only $5 was funded.

If you've done the work for the first $5 milestone, you click the giant green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button and provide the work to the client. Then you wait for them to create and fund milestone 2 before you start work on the next milestone.

If the entire job is 1 banner and you agreed to do it for $50 but the client only funded $5, then you shouldn't submit it unless you're happy to just get $5...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS