cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I click the submit work/request payment button for fixed price?

riyaddesignbd
Md Shamim Hossian R Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
11 of 15

Thank You For Your Reply. i understand the process. thank you for your information. this job is for $50. and need to design 10 banner. the client was sent to me the milestone $5 for one banner. i need to do more 9 banner. i already click the giant green "Submit Work / Request Payment" button and provide the work to the client. now i need to waiting for next milstone to start next one right?

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
12 of 15

That's right. Don't do anything else until you have a new funded milestone to work on.

riyaddesignbd
Md Shamim Hossian R Member Since: Sep 25, 2017
13 of 15

Thank you Very Much Jennifer D

resuenmagno
Resuen Hope M Member Since: May 10, 2016
14 of 15
Thank so much for your prompt response! I really appreciate it.
richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
15 of 15

Hi Resuen. I'm relatively new here myself (3-4 months on Upwork).

It wasn't clear to me from your post whether your client was expecting to pay you as soon as you've completed the training and before you've delivered any work product. If you're not certain about that, I'd recommend you ask the client before requesting payment. 

BTW I've just got a fixed price job where the client wanted to pay me half in advance and half on completion. He set this up as two milestones, "Begin job" and "Finish job", with the first one funded. I guess I could have requested the first payment immediately, but I don't think this is the way the system is supposed to work. So I said I would request the first payment when I've done half the work, and then I'll ask the client to fund the second milestone. (This is the first time I've done a fixed price job with more than one milestone.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS