🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: When should I expect payment
Page options
aaron_clarke
Community Member

When should I expect payment

Good Afternoon, 

My name is Aaron Clarke and I'm a freelance video editor. I am new to the Upwork community and inquiring on when I should be expected to receive payment during a contract. Are the funds delivered on a weekly or bi-weekly basis? I already worked 2 weeks with this current contract and I haven't been paid as of yet. Thank you for you're time. 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Aaron C wrote:

I already worked 2 weeks with this current contract and I haven't been paid as of yet. Thank you for you're time. 

How you get paid for hourly contracts

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

You can check your Available tab and Work In Progress tab in order to confirm the status of your payments. 

Please check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Since you already have funds available on your Upwork account, you should be able to withdraw them to your payment method by using the Get Paid Now button under the Available tab or by going to your Settings> Get Paid and click Get Paid Now. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths