🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When/why does my profile become inactive?
Page options
caraimperato
Community Member

When/why does my profile become inactive?

Hello,

In the description for the Freelancer Plus Plan, it says one of the benefits is:

• Be discoverable by keeping your profile active, even if you take a break

I am not actively bidding on new projects because I have enough work right now. I do have two clients that I log hours into the work diary regularly.

I'm wondering how Upwork determines if you're active - by bidding or by adding to the work diary of an existing contract.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Cara I wrote:

I'm wondering how Upwork determines if you're active - by bidding or by adding to the work diary of an existing contract.

earning money 🙂

If you don't have any earnings for 30+ days, your profile is set to private and won't appear in search results, but clients you apply to still see it. It is not a big deal because you can easily have it set back to public just by contacting Support.

Thanks Petra!!

c2810954
Community Member

hi - if I update my profile, does it make it go inactive for a certain amount of time?

petra_r
Community Member

Nori M wrote:

hi - if I update my profile, does it make it go inactive for a certain amount of time?

No, it does not.

c2810954
Community Member

okay, I'll just trust that it's active then even though it says it's inactive . . . how do I get my photo to show up? it still shows a generic icon for my face . . .  trying to get set up here . . . . thank you for your help

the photo only shows up here at the forum, not on my home page - not sure how it looks to others 

petra_r
Community Member

Nori M wrote:

okay, I'll just trust that it's active then even though it says it's inactive . . . how do I get my photo to show up? it still shows a generic icon for my face . . .  trying to get set up here . . . . thank you for your help

Nori, yours is a client account, no? In that case none of this applies because clients don't have profiles and nothing goes inactive. What says "inactive?"

c2810954
Community Member

oh, okay - I'm not sure because I clicked on my account and it said it was inactive, maybe it just meant I'm a client

so I'll just not worry about it

you're the best - thanks for your help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths