When will Upwork become serious?

habitab8888
Ace Contributor
Tabinda H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 50

Please please please!

Don't waste the time of free-lancers 

Yeah !

Many a times, it so happens that the Clients post a job and never bother to hire any free-lancers. Upwork should impose some penalty on those Clients who do so just for fun. Such folks don't mean any business whereas the free-lancers foolishly keep on typing applications.

mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 50

I know most of the jobs that I have applied after more than one month they have haired no one

habitab8888
Ace Contributor
3 of 50

Why on earth should a free lancer waste his /her time?

The Upwork should start charging a nominal fee from the Clients who don't hire any free-lancer within a specified time period

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
4 of 50

"Why on earth should a free lancer waste his /her time?"

Nobody's forcing them to.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
habitab8888
Ace Contributor
5 of 50

Yeah no body is forcing them to but they keep typing the applications foolishly for the reason that they believe the clients have posted the job because they genuinely need the work done. Again I would say that the Upwork needs to take concrete steps in this regard. I don't agree with you at all.............................................................................................

fergusm1970
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
6 of 50

"Upwork should impose some penalty on those Clients who do so just for fun."

No. This has been discussed time after time. Posting a job does not oblige a client to hire a freelancer here - or at all. A lot of clients post their jobs on multiple sites; I see the same job here and on Elance frequently. If a client hires, they hire. If they don't, they don't. But you can't make them.

"the free-lancers foolishly keep on typing applications."

Whose fault's that, then?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
habitab8888
Ace Contributor
7 of 50

I don't agree with you at all. The fault lies with the Client, not the free-lancers

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 50

@Tabinda H wrote:

I don't agree with you at all. The fault lies with the Client, not the free-lancers

You have GOT to be joking.

This is a wind-up, right?

You would force clients to hire someone when they can not find a suitable person from their job posting, or find one one another site?

You know what? Neither Upwork nor any client owes you to get hired. If clients don't think you are the best fit for their project you won't get hired.

Your connects are gone whether the client hires nobody, or hires 5 people, none of which are you.

You categorically CAN NOT force a client to hire someone from one particular site. Even if it was fair and reasonable and would make even an ounce of sense to anyone with a faint clue how commerce works, it would be legally unenforcable.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 50

So, if you go into a shop, and you don't see anything you like, you agree to be charged, and forced to buy something?

habitab8888
Ace Contributor
10 of 50

Well ! You can perceive quite well what I am endeavoring to point out

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS