🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When will awaiting milestone move to payment ...
Page options
chencrebe
Community Member

When will awaiting milestone move to payment request?

Hey, I am new here in upwork.

I got my first CE translation order.

My employer accepted my translation and I noticed the order at the awaiting milestone stage.

But, when will it moves to payment request?

When it moves to the payment request, does it mean that "Earnings Available Now" will be $10.00?
Thanks for your answers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lebing,

I checked and it looks like the funds are already in the 'Pending' section of your 'Reports' page. This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Please note that payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. The funds should become available to you on March 3rd. You can check out this help article to learn more about how you are getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Lebing C wrote:

But, when will it moves to payment request?

When it moves to the payment request, does it mean that "Earnings 

I am very unsure what you are actually trying to ask but if you correctly submitted the work for payment and your client (no such thing as an employer here) approved the milestone, the funds should be under Pending in your Reports home page end become available after 5 days.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Thanks for your reply~

I have learned a lot.

I finished on Feb. 25 and my client (thanks for your correction^^) approved on Feb. 26. 

I will check again on March 3~

chencrebe
Community Member

I finished a 10 dollar translation. My employer approved my translation. The contract was in awaiting milestone. But I don't know how to move it to the payment request. It seems that only when it's moved to the payment request, could I get my payment.

I ended this contract, but I still haven't got paid.

I see in my transaction history, there is 10 dollar pending.

The contract was actually to end on March 3 as my employer set, but I ended it in advance.

Is there anything wrong?

How can I get this 10 dollar....

It's a sad story... I really need some help...

Hi Lebing,

I checked and it looks like the funds are already in the 'Pending' section of your 'Reports' page. This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Please note that payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. The funds should become available to you on March 3rd. You can check out this help article to learn more about how you are getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you please guide me? In my case, the client has the contract and approved but didn't close it. I have closed the contract from my side and the payment is still pending! so what's the next step?

Your payment will be available at the date indicated in your pending tab for that contract.

f8e8d3f1
Community Member

Hello Aleksandar

I am new on upworj and I did a job some days before. Now it is written in my contracts "Active: waiting for client to fund a new milestone". The work is already done and delivered, what do I have to do now?

I just have the option to write a message to the clients. Thanks for the help.

Best Regards

Hi Tobias,

For Fixed-Price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link next to the funded milestone on the contract details page in order to share work with their client and at the same moment request payment. Once you submit work and request payment, the client will have 14 days to review it and either approve or request changes. If they take no action in 14 days, the funds in Escrow will be released to you. You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection here.
~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths