🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: When will we get connects returned in cas...
Page options
nileshpateldm
Community Member

When will we get connects returned in case of the job was closed by client?

Recently, one of the job is closed, for which i submitted proposal. But, i can't see the connects addition in my connects history. How many days upwork takes for this??

4 REPLIES 4
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Nileshkumar P wrote:

Recently, one of the job is closed, for which i submitted proposal. But, i can't see the connects addition in my connects history. How many days upwork takes for this??

Connects are only returned if 

1. The job is closed by the client without hiring anyone. (Expired postings don't count).
  2. Upwork cancels the job for a TOS violation.

If it closed for any other reason, you don't get those connects back.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Use-Connects

Okay! Thanks for the reply.

Since last few months, I can see that it happens often. Many clients are not entertaining to any freelancer or not hiring for the job posted by them. Now, we're paying for each connects and they are many jobs on which we applied for 4-6 connects but at the end, client or upwork is closing the job and we didn't get the connects returned.

Is there any solution from Upwork to avoid such things?

Hi Nileshkumar, 

Submitting a proposal has a financial cost, just like the other expenses you incur as a freelancer running your own business. If a client never hires but doesn’t close the job, your Connects are not returned. In this situation, we continue to encourage the client to hire or close the job, but ask that you consider the cost of Connects as part of your business expenses.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

Thanks for the reply.

I completely agree that cost of connects are part of the business expenses.

It will be great if Upwork can consider this issue of freelancer and think for some solution to stop happening it frequently.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths