cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I report job posters?

mattonline
Matthew S Member Since: Jun 21, 2016
1 of 5

I recently was selected to give some advice on a project here on upwork, I was chosen for the job and I began investing my time into giving the best advice possible since this was in an area where I have quite a bit of knowledge, I believe I gave some really good hints, and help to a student on his master thesis. I uploaded the work via upworks job portal and the customer download it. I have not recieved any communication or payment since I uploaded the work.

I had the impression that work uploaded via upworks website would have some sort of protection/safe guard for both parties.

There is also another case where somebody wanted macroeconomic research  on a city in the U.S. I sent him a sample of the work (which had almost everything he required) in order to get the job and no communication from him.

UpWork hasn´t really lived up to my expectations as of yet

outsourceupwork
Community Leader
Anil K Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
2 of 5

You should contact customercare and never provide anywork without 100% escrow funding.

Uplift Upwork Visual Style : Add-on
Link Removed
mattonline
Matthew S Member Since: Jun 21, 2016
3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, this is something I will do. Next time for sure I will only accept escrow/payment upfront but I believed that by uploading the work via the job portal I would somehow be a little more protected. Sure the second case is down to my over eagerness so I 100% accept the loss on that one.

mariawicz5
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
4 of 5
If you submit a practically completed job in your proposal, then it's no wonder you're not receiving communication and there's no UpWork protection for that. The client just got his job for free.
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Matthew,

I've checked and see you requested release of Escrow funds 7 days ago on your Fixed -Price contract. To learn more about Fixed-Price Protection Upwork offers, how the funds are released and the timeline for it, please read this Help article. In short, the funds will be released in 7 days if the client doesn't respond to your request before than.

Make sure not to start working unless you have an active contract on Upwork, use Upwork Protection Programs and only accept to get paid through the platform.

In order to successfully use Upwork, before submitting any new proposals, I strongly advise you to read the Help articles from the Getting Started as a Freelancer section and our Freelancer Guide. Please also check our educational videos and best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and our Trust & Safety FAQ.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS