Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I report a client?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
11 of 33

Hi Aleksandar,

Feel free to click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 33

Hi Aaron,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to view the PM? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
aaronbanez
Aaron B Member Since: Sep 6, 2018
13 of 33

Hi Goran,

I was able to replied to your message. Hope to help me. Thanks!

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 33

Hi Aaron, 

I looked into this further and was able to identify the client you are referring to. We have reported the client to the team so that they can investigate it further. Thank you for flagging it here. 

-Avery
Untitled
aaronbanez
15 of 33

Hi Avery,

I worked 7.5 hours for that "paid trial" and stayed up late to finish it as the client told me she needs it that day. Is there a way for me to still get paid? 

Thanks and hopefully this scenario doesn't happen again to everyone. It's hard for freelancers to get their accounts approved and then there are "clients" who can register and do this kind of actions. Hope, you can discuss with the team to put a fee or a security bond for every new clients that wants to join Upwork, to prevent this from happening again.  

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
16 of 33

Hi Aaron, 

I'm sorry if we missed replying to your post. To be eligible for Payment Protection, a minimum requirement is for users to have a contract on Upwork. On Upwork, we always recommend for freelancers not to start working unless the client sent an offer to the freelancer, the freelancer accepted the offer, the contract is showing as an active contract on the freelancer's My Jobs page, and the client's payment method is verified. These are minimum requirements for a freelancer to be eligible for Payment Protection. This is regardless of the contract being a test job or a 'full' contract. 

Since you are new, 
I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
aaronbanez
17 of 33

Hi Avery,

No worries. This will be a learning experience for me. I'll be more vigilant next time. Thank you and keep safe!

Best,

Aaron

4da10d80
Priyanka S Member Since: Oct 16, 2020
18 of 33

hey...so a client asked to do a sample and said he would pay 10$ for the sample and 30 if he hires....after recieving the sample, he just says its not the style he wants and then never replied again...

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 33

Priyanka S wrote:

hey...so a client asked to do a sample and said he would pay 10$ for the sample and 30 if he hires....after recieving the sample, he just says its not the style he wants and then never replied again...

You weren't hired, so the client couldn't pay you even if they wanted to, which clearly they dont.

healedheart
Gloria D Member Since: Jan 12, 2017
20 of 33

Hello Upwork, I would liek to report a client, I did work for him, but they have refused to provide payment. Kindly help intervene becasue it is very unfair.

I see he has other jobs an dam worried many would be getting into the same trouble.

Please help

Regards

Gloria

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS