🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where do these questions come from
Page options
humbled
Community Member

Where do these questions come from

Does anyone else regularly see and find annoying these questions on job ads:

1. Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully?
  2. What challenging part of this job are you most experienced in?
  3. What part of this project most appeals to you?
  4. What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why?
  5. What questions do you have about the project?

They are obviosly in a "how to hire on upwork" guide somewhere as I always see them, 2 and 3 are the ones that annoy me. I often put very off th wall answers in there and it seems to work about 50% of the time.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "They are obviously in a 'how to hire on upwork' guide somewhere as I always see them"

One might think that.

But that is not where these questions come from.

These questions are offered to clients as part of the client-side user interface used to post a new job.

Clients may optionally add questions to the job post: questions that the prospective freelancer will be asked. Clients may create their own custom questions. Or clients may choose to present "canned" questions provided by the Upwork user interface.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "They are obviously in a 'how to hire on upwork' guide somewhere as I always see them"

One might think that.

But that is not where these questions come from.

These questions are offered to clients as part of the client-side user interface used to post a new job.

Clients may optionally add questions to the job post: questions that the prospective freelancer will be asked. Clients may create their own custom questions. Or clients may choose to present "canned" questions provided by the Upwork user interface.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths