🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Where has the "flag as inappropriate" but...
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

Where has the "flag as inappropriate" button gone on Freelancers profile?

Am I blind or caffeine-deprived or has it vanished?

If so, WHY?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

I understand, Petra. I just apologized for sharing what turned out to be incorrect information. We understand how important this option is for you, our users, but also for us who are part of the Upwork Team, and its impact in helping us keep the platform safe and profiles in line with our TOS. We'll make sure the core issue is fixed and follow up once we are certain the issue has been resolved.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
pandoraharper
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

If so, WHY?

Not to worry, Petra, it's still there. Not sure where it used to be (it's been quite a while since I reported a Profile). Just look for the 3 dots next to the HIRE button.

report-freelancer-icon.jpg

Pandora H wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Not to worry, Petra, it's still there. Not sure where it used to be (it's been quite a while since I reported a Profile). Just look for the 3 dots next to the HIRE button.

Thanks dear 🙂 So I now have to switch to my client account to flag????

Petra R wrote:

Pandora H wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Nope, I did this on my freelancer account. If your not seeing what I am, something is indeed going on. Have you ah...cleared your cache?

....please don't kill me. ROFL.

Pandora H wrote:

Nope, I did this on my freelancer account.

You didn't. There are no "HIRE" or "INVITE" buttons when looking at a profile from a freelancer account 😉 Or at least there shouldn't be and aren't for me.

Pandora H wrote: Have you ah...cleared your cache?

No killing cookiesNo killing cookies

U

Petra R wrote:

Pandora H wrote:

Nope, I did this on my freelancer account.

You didn't. There are no "HIRE" or "INVITE" buttons when looking at a profile from a freelancer account 😉 Or at least there shouldn't be and aren't for me.

Pandora H wrote: Have you ah...cleared your cache?

Update: Yes. You have to log into your client account to see this. Me bad. Very, very bad

Pandora H wrote:

Petra R wrote:

If so, WHY?

Note: this currently only shows if your in a Client account. This is indeed a bug.

Pandora H wrote:

This is indeed a bug.

That is what I'd like to know... Is it a bug, a feature or by design?

With Upwork, you never know...

bug.jpg

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra and Pandora,

I checked and do see that the option to flag a profile isn't displayed on profiles when viewed from a freelancer account. The link is displayed as expected on job post so I'm fairly certain this is related by the new profile layout we launched yesterday. Thanks for flagging, I'll follow up with our team so we can ensure the link is displayed as expected as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you Petra, while I don't have a confirmation I would say this is a technical issue and not by design.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

I'll follow up with our team so we can ensure the link is displayed as expected as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you Petra, while I don't have a confirmation I would say this is a technical issue and not by design.

Thanks Vladimir. I'm not inconvenienced as such, it's Upwork's loss  when we can't flag stuff 🙂 

And LOL touche at the bolding 😄 Well played, sir. Well played.

0c47e788
Community Member

Hi Petra and Pandora, 

I wanted to follow up on Vladimir's response and let you all know that since discovering this issue we're working on a fix. Thank you so much for reporting it and for bearing with us! We definitely appreciate your help with flagging profiles!

Best, 

Cary 

It is presumably important to make it as difficult as possible to find the "Flag as inappropriate" button, in order to maximize the likelihood that users will feel like they need to contact Customer Service and tie up support personnel?

Or to cut down on users reporting inappropriate freelancer behavior? Or something?

Hiding it behind the three dots icon is a way of making it harder to find.

Preston H wrote:

Hiding it behind the three dots icon is a way of making it harder to find.

You're missing the point.

Hiding it under 3 dots is a design element and for saving space on mobile devices.

The point is that there are no 3 dots when looking at a profile from a freelancer profile, only when looking at it from a client profile, which has already been identified as a bug.

petra_r
Community Member

Cary L wrote:

I wanted to follow up on Vladimir's response and let you all know that since discovering this issue we're working on a fix.

It's still kaput .... (or "kaputt" as a German would spell it)

I actually opened a ticket about this yesterday.  The response I got was hilarious - we will switch your profile back to public as soon as possible.  I was then told to clear my cache and cookies.  I still have had no real response, even that this is a known bug.  Bless their hearts.

Mary W wrote:

I actually opened a ticket about this yesterday.  The response I got was hilarious -

That'll teach ya...

Hi Mary,

I apologize for the response you received on your most recent open ticket. I see the agent most probably unaware of the issue with the flagging link not being available and shared steps on how to access the link, clear your cache and cookies if you're not seeing it and follow up on the ticket to receive further assistance. I'll follow up with the agent to ensure we're providing correct information.

Could you please send me a screenshot in a private message showing the conversation in which you were advised that your profile will be switched back to public as a response to the same question? I wasn't able to locate a ticket or a chat conversation containing this information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vlad, am trying to send  you the weird message but apparently Upwork messaging isn't working as I press "send" and nothing happens.  Sigh

ETA: it was an automated response, no ticket referenced.

Hi Andrea,
I already asked, but there is no answer.
Is there anything known about the "Flag Profile" problem?

Hi Maria,

I've moved your post to the thread we have about the issue with Flag as Inappropriate option missing when freelancers view profiles. I understand that this is important and our engineers have prioritized this issue and are working on it. We will update this thread once a fix is released.

Update: This issue has been fixed and freelancers should now see Flag as Inappropriate option on other freelancers' profiles in the upper-right corner.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Update: This issue has been fixed 

It hasn't.

Valeria K wrote:

freelancers should now see Flag as Inappropriate option on other freelancers' profiles in the upper-right corner.

Indeed, they should. Alas, they don't. Or at least I don't.

nothing there.png

To help troubleshoot: When looking at a profile from a list of profiles in the "preview view" (the one that sort of "half" opens when clicking on a profile in a list of profiles) it is indeed there:

from preview.png

Thing is, that is not where people generally land, especially not us. We land on the actual profile page, not the preview-from-search page, if that makes sense.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

Thanks for reporting. I replicated the issue with the Flag as Inappropriate option missing on freelancers' profiles when looking from a freelancer context. I communicated with our team and can confirm we're investigating the bug. Apologies for the confusion and frustration our earlier update might have created. We'll follow-up with a confirmation once our Engineering Team confirms the issue has been resolved.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Apologies for the confusion and frustration our earlier update might have created. .

No worries, I'm neither confused nor frustrated 🙂

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

I understand, Petra. I just apologized for sharing what turned out to be incorrect information. We understand how important this option is for you, our users, but also for us who are part of the Upwork Team, and its impact in helping us keep the platform safe and profiles in line with our TOS. We'll make sure the core issue is fixed and follow up once we are certain the issue has been resolved.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Now it's fixed 🙂

Thanks Upwork!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths