🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Where has the work gone
Page options
paul_smith_1
Community Member

Where has the work gone

Hi, its been 2-3 months since i had a hit on anything i applied for that didnt just fall through......not had a single job in this time and im wandering what is going on.....seems like people only want to hire the cheapest people availble.................i earned upwork tens of thousands of $$$$$ over the last 3 years now it seems like im left out to dry....... i have maybe another week before i have to sell my laptop to feed my kids and then maybe who knows what else i have to sell.......

So i guess this is the end for me...........this was my only source of income for years and now its a waste of my time.

3 REPLIES 3
sbilu131521
Community Member

4. It use to be... but not anymore.... If client leave active project on your profile more than 3 or 6 months, upwork should end it. Upwork use to do that long time ago and freelancers didn't have to suffer. Now, if you end those contracts by yourself, your success score go terribly low. Not fair.... Agree or disagree? I totally Agree with this point. It's really a problem for freelancers. Thanks for your suggestion.

Sagar S wrote:
4. It use to be... but not anymore.... If client leave active project on your profile more than 3 or 6 months, upwork should end it. Upwork use to do that long time ago and freelancers didn't have to suffer. Now, if you end those contracts by yourself, your success score go terribly low. Not fair.... Agree or disagree? I totally Agree with this point. It's really a problem for freelancers. Thanks for your suggestion.

Sagar - 1) - You are quoting the wrong post in the wrong thread.

2) The above statement is nonsense.

melaniekhenson
Community Member

Paul, it comes and it goes...I was pretty scared at the beginnig of the year and then suddenly the offers came flooding in. Freelancing just isn't linear that way, plus we get "cycled" as being top in searches so everyone gets seen, or at least that's the official UW stance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths