🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where have client rating and feedback gone?
Page options
jasna_zepp
Community Member

Where have client rating and feedback gone?

When viewing a job post, there is no longer feedback displayed from freelancers who had worked with the client on previous jobs. There isn't even the overall rating. Has this been removed? And if so, WHY? It was a very useful feature for both freelancers and honest and fair clients.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasna,

I checked and it looks like the client migrated their account history from Elance (a different platform that was merged with Upwork). Since the feedback system was different on Elance, the jobs wouldn't always have feedback from freelancers. Once this client hires again on Upwork, they'll have feedback from freelancers and average star feedback showing.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kirnazdogan
Community Member

No, I checked a job posted 1 minute ago and it is over there still. 

Thanks for your reply Dogan!

I just checked some more jobs and it is showing for some - whew! - but not for the job I was viewing . And that client has three previous jobs, so it seems unlikely no one ever left any feedback at all. I wonder what that's about.

Can you share the job link?

**Edited for community guidelines**

Those jobs were pretty old, from 2013 & 2014. Maybe that has something to do with it. Also, 3 of the freelancers got 5 stars, and the other one 4.55, so probably not a horrible client.

Thanks for replying John. Not sure I understand which jobs you mean - I only linked a single job, and it was posted an hour ago. I hesitate to post a snapshot as I see the link has been edited out for some reason, but I double-checked. If there's a bug showing years-old posts as fresh in my feed, then that's even more worrying than the lack of feedback - I really don't want to waste connects on old jobs. Any ide what's going on with that?

I agree on your other point. I actually applied to the job, seems fine otherwise.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasna,

I checked and it looks like the client migrated their account history from Elance (a different platform that was merged with Upwork). Since the feedback system was different on Elance, the jobs wouldn't always have feedback from freelancers. Once this client hires again on Upwork, they'll have feedback from freelancers and average star feedback showing.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan! That makes perfect sense 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members