Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Live Chat support?

jigar_chauhan
Jigar C Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
1 of 22

Hello All,

When I click on "Submit A Proposal" then "Identity Verification Program" comes. Do you know why it comes?

Now, when I submit the related document into it.

After an 2 hours I get the email with subject :  "Your name change request was not accepted"

But, I am confused here. I am just submitting my real proofs with my real name as on Upwork. 

but in the message it says 

"Your request to change your name from "Jigar Chauhan" to "James C" was denied." 

I don't want to change my name. Is the identification program for name change?

Please help. How do I contact with Live chat support

Regards,

Jigar

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 22

If you click the ? at the top of your page, it will allow you to gain access to them.

jigar_chauhan
Jigar C Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
3 of 22

Hi Irene,

When I Click on this "?" I got 4 options

1. Help & Support

2. Community and Forums

3. Disputes

4. New on Upwork!

Well, I don't want to see this options if you help me over my problem.

My Problem is that

When I am submitting my real id proofs with my real name as on Upwork.

but when I got the email from upwork for approval in the email it says :

"Your request to change your name from "Jigar Chauhan" to "James C" was denied."

Now, this is the problem I don't want to change my name. Is the identification program for name change?

Can you please help me over this anybody?

Regards,

Jigar

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 22

Jigar,

Click on the "Help and Support" and once you go to that page you will see Chat or Email options.

No one here can help you. You will need to contact Support.

l_pouncey
Community Guru
Linda P Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
5 of 22

Irene B.,

Thanks for your reply.

Found this forum really helped.

Linda

l_pouncey
Community Guru
6 of 22

Hello,

I am not a "Chatter", but need to "Chat" with Support.

I have clicked on the ? and the following are the options I get:

Help and Support

Community and Forums

Disputes

New on Upwork!

When I click on "Help and Support", there is a message across the top stating:

"Our phone support team is currently unable to receive calls. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. In the meantime, please reach out to us by filing a ticket or via live chat."

Where is Live Chat?

If there were only a Phone Number I could call and explain, maybe I can get some headway on my particular problem.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 22

Linda, phone support and live chat are relatively expensive, and are generally not available to typical contractors.

You will need to work out your problem through using the ticket-based support system.

Depending on the precise nature of your problem or question, you may be able to have it addressed more quickly if you describe it here in the Community Forum. If you need general information, it is usually faster and easier to get it here than to ask Customer Support.

l_pouncey
Community Guru
8 of 22

Preston, Thanks for your reply.

Here's my story.

I have an ongoing support ticket.

My problem, when my account was first opened with ODesk, now Upwork, it was set-up under My Name.

I recently receive my first project, which I have been working, and set up my  1099 under my Company Name. No Problem.

Tried setting up how I "Get Paid" under my Company Name. There in lays the problem.

Contacted support and they said to submit my "Articles of Incorporation".

When the secure link was received, I thought there were several steps, so I submitted my Drivers License and a Utiity Bill. My Identity was approved at that time.

Needing my Company Name approved, I contacted Support again, and received a new secure link. 

Herein lays another problem, the secure link will only accept PNG's and JPG's, which are only one page files.

I need to submit a PDF with multiple pages.

Not only will the secure link accept PNG's and JPG's, for supporting documents it requests a copy of one of the following: Bank Statement (P.O. Box only), Utility Bill (P.O. Box only), or Municipal Bill (dont have); any of these documents must be within the past 6 months.

Now this morning, I see that Upwork requires My Name to be on the Company Check. Never had a problem with this before, My Name not being printed on my Checks or Bank Statement. I have a Banking Resolution, showing My Company Name and myself as the Authorized Signor, as well as being listed as President.

To further complicate the problem, I live on a "Dirt Road" County Road, and I had all my Bills and Bank Statements Addressed and Going to my P.O. Box, due to my home Mail Box being knocked down on multiple occasions.

I have, in the meantime, been working a contract and now risk losing everything I have earned, as well as being suspended.

If there were some way of getting the multiple page PDF to Customer Support via Secure Link, I would gladly send this information to get this problem resolved.

Boy, do I need help.

Linda

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 22

Hi Linda,

I am following up with the team about your situation. It looks like your payment method has been approved and can be used for withdrawals already. I am checking if anything else needs to be completed and we will let you know as soon as possible.

Sorry about the confusion.

EDIT: Your ID verification has been accepted and you should be good to go now.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 22

FYI for contracts and things like scanning/imaging, download an app called DocScan. It's free. You can scan contracts or paperwork and then email it to yourself as a jpg image.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS