🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Where is live chat support? I've used it ...
Page options
steele-carol
Community Member

Where is live chat support? I've used it before and now can't find it.

I left a fair review (at the time it was fair...as the client never got back to me regarding my submission, I didn't know how the job ended). I left a 4.7 and noted his lack of comuication. He ended up giving me a stellar review and now I want to change mine immediately before he sees it. I realize it was what I thought to be accurate at the time, but now I feel awful.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Carol S wrote:

I left a fair review (at the time it was fair...as the client never got back to me regarding my submission, I didn't know how the job ended). I left a 4.7 and noted his lack of comuication. He ended up giving me a stellar review and now I want to change mine immediately before he sees it. I realize it was what I thought to be accurate at the time, but now I feel awful.

Chat Support can not let you change your feedback, only the client can, and a 4.7 is no reason to "feel awful"

Nothing wrong with it. Your feedback was fair and friendly and won't do the client any harm at all.

Chat Support is only available for top rated freelancers.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

Carol S wrote:

Chat Support can not let you change your feedback, only the client can, and a 4.7 is no reason to "feel awful"

Nothing wrong with it. Your feedback was fair and friendly and won't do the client any harm at all.

Chat Support is only available for top rated freelancers.

Thank you for your reply.

pudingstudio
Community Member

Why would you?

Feedback helps other freelancers.

Sounds like you originaly gave honest review.

I know I did. but I also look at the potential reasons he never responded. As my profession is in the legal industry, generally the short, one-time jobs like this one....well, everyone  is stressed and has a million things on their mind and on their to-do list. It was his first time using Upwork, and I remember how that feels all too well, lol. In the end, I decided to edit my review to him. If I hadn't been so worried that he was unhappy with the final format I never would have given him under five stars unless he was a true jerk, which he wasn't. Just a worried father trying to file an important motion in his custody case. I can empathize, as for the first time in my life I'm on both sides of the courtroom.....with my job and as a mom/defendant in a terrible custody case. I can't imagine having her future in the hands of a stranger that could affect the most important situation of my life, so in family/custody situations such as this client, I always give 120% instead of my usual 110%. I've gotten off track.... You and the othes were right.... I was honest, fair, and still said that all in all he was a great client. But he gave me such high praise in my feedback, I felt it was the right thing to do. My edited version was still honest with a lot more heart. Thanks for the advice, Antum!

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

You have to ask your client to go to his contract page and click Ällow freelancer to change feedback.

It's unlikely he can get all the way there without seeing the feedback you left.

Still, if you feel like you want to change it, go ahead and ask the client.

They will very likely respond and click the button; which client doesn't like 5-stars?

Unless, of course, they are too busy for these kindsa things.

Abinadab A wrote:

It's unlikely he can get all the way there without seeing the feedback you left.

It is obviously impossible.

It is also utterly unnecessary (and disingenuous). The OP left good and accurate feedback.

I appreciate your comments, Petra. However, if the OP feels she wants to change the feedback she gave, she can proceed to make such request.

Nobody can strong-arm her to not do so.

It's her choice to make.

Abinadab A wrote:

Nobody can strong-arm her to not do so.

It's her choice to make.

Nobody is "strongarming" anyone, but can you imagine the conversation with the client?

"Urm, hi client, I left you feedback but now I've seen your feedback to me, I want to change my feedback to you, here is how you can let me do it"

Awkward as hell and unprofessional and I am pretty certain nobody in their right mind would go down that route for a very positive 4.7.

Especially considering that when you are a client, seeing your profile and the feedback left to you by your freelancers is a real PITA.

First you need to actually know that you have a client profile and that your feedback is on it. After that, man you really need to know where to go to find it, which is not obvious at all.

So I wouldn't worry too much. I bet most of the clients don't even know that the feedback they receive is shown to potential freelancers.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Petra, I don't know you, but I really don't appreciate your mocking me. "Um, yeah,,,,,he did let me change his feedback"....Yes it was akward, perhaps even unprofessional, but he obvioulsy proved you wrong by letting me do it. His new feebback is the only one you can see now, and I could care less what you think of me for doing it. Some clients deserve bad reviews.....this guy didn't deserve the 4.7; it was strictly a pre-emptive move. I acted like a human being, which obviously you're incapable of doing after caling MY CLIENT out as being "not in his right mind." to the Upwork world. From now on, please stay out of my posts. You have a good night.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths