🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where is the button "Respond"?
Page options
ivanovitch-art
Community Member

Where is the button "Respond"?

Hello community.Smiley Happy
Perhaps someone knows this problem?
I receive invitations and some without a "Respond" button. (this is not one case.)
I need to use my email to accept the invitation.

I will be glad to receive your answers and ideas.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
jennifermeaton
Community Member

Someone else asked this question, and it led me to a way to respond to invitations to bid.

HOWEVER... that does not fix the issue that there used to be a handy "Respond" button when you got a notification that you had an invitation to interview.  Without this button, I need to leave this screen and go somewhere else to respond. Which takes time and figuring out where to go each time.  Can we PLEASE get this button back? The last several invitations I received had no button.  It may only add a minute or so to find the request to answer, but that is a minute that I could be working. Thanks 🙂

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Volodymyr and Jennifer,

Thanks for bringing this up. We checked with the team and this issue is something our engineers are already aware of and are looking into. We'll update this thread once the issue is addressed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Awesome! Thank you!

techtonions
Community Member

Hello,

I'm facing some issues with responding to invitations recently. I am using Chrome as the browser and when I go to the bell icon for notification I see the invitation for a new job but there is no Respond button for the invitation as previously there was.
So now I am not able to respond to invitations from a website but still luckily in the android app of Upwork I can see the job descriptions and also respond to invitations but on the website not possible.

I am attaching a snapshot of both from the app and website for the same invitation I got today.

Please look into the matter.

Thanks,
Dharmik

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Dharmik,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots! We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

In the meantime, you can go to Find Work > Proposals and respond to the invite from there.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
barronrandall
Community Member

Just missed a potential job because there is no longer a button when someone requests an interview. By the time I noticed there was a link for it under 'Proposals' it was too late and the job was filled.

It used to be that you couldn't miss it, but now I find I have to look for it.

I really wish Upwork would go back to clearly displaying these invitations to interview in a way that can't be missed.

Hi Randall,

We'll have someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
urrehman_atiq
Community Member

i have the same issue. I get a job invitation but the respond button is not there. job link **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Atiq,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths