cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the newly launched "US only" website????

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1 of 16

Interview

At 2.50 Stephane Casriel says: "... last year we have launched a US only website where US based freelancers are only competing against other US based freelancers"

Where is that "US only website?"

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 16

On the US only Internet?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 16

I think the CEO didn't understand the difference between segregation and "new website" - or he was misquoted. 

If there really is a new website, it is well hidden and because of that,it can't be getting much traffic. Perhaps the new shareholders know where to find it. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 16

The US only website is not a separate site.

It is option that U.S.-based clients have to post jobs available only to U.S. freelancers.

Presumably.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 16

He probably meant to say "option", rather than website .... because he goes on to say "the buyers get to choose" after mentioning that. (maybe it's on the dark web somewhere Smiley Wink)

He's clueless about the number of baby boomers on Upwork.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 16

@Virginia F wrote:

He probably meant to say "option", rather than website .... because he goes on to say "the buyers get to choose" after mentioning that. (maybe it's on the dark web somewhere Smiley Wink)

+1000 Smiley Very Happy

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
7 of 16

@Virginia F wrote:

He's clueless about [insert aspect of Upwork].

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
8 of 16

@Phyllis G wrote:

@Virginia F wrote:

He's clueless about [insert aspect of Upwork].

I totally disagree. Plus, Upwork's CEO is informed about whatever happens on this community.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
9 of 16

@Petra R wrote:

Interview

At 2.50 Stephane Casriel says: "... last year we have launched a US only website where US based freelancers are only competing against other US based freelancers"

Where is that "US only website?"

That information is restricted to users in the US.

lakitel
Ace Contributor
Albert B Member Since: Apr 11, 2016
10 of 16

Don't really see the point of a US website, I've had a fair share of potential clients who flat out tell me that my time isn't worth as much because I'm not in the US or Europe. Yay for instituionalized racism!

My answer is still always no when they come back asking to hire me because lower-cost writers have terrible writing skills.

I don't know, I just find the whole concept of a US only website racist. People should be valued based on their skills, not their geographic location. The only time this isn't the case is if there's a need for the person to be at or near the physical location of the job and those times are pretty rare.

I mean, this is an online platform, the whole purpose of an online platform is that you can be anywhere.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS