🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Where's the Client?
Page options
becca365
Community Member

Where's the Client?

Is there a way to locate a specific client (on Upwork) you've never worked for?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there a way to locate a specific client you've never worked for?"

There are many ways to do many things. Maybe try LinkedIn? or Facebook? Google?

Upwork itself does not offer a "client search" tool. Upwork lets freelancers search for jobs. Not clients.

I thought as much. Upwork is where the client is located. Upwork should offer a way to look at the client. I know it's difficult to research the client before sending a proposal for a job. Now, that freelancers have to pay for connects it should be an option so we can deepen our research on who we work with. 

Deborah C wrote:

I thought as much. Upwork is where the client is located. Upwork should offer a way to look at the client. I know it's difficult to research the client before sending a proposal for a job. Now, that freelancers have to pay for connects it should be an option so we can deepen our research on who we work with. 

Come clients give away information to track them, but some freelancers use that information to reach out to the client ourside Upwork. When you are lucky a client has a job history you can search for information.

I know their name. They told me to look them up on Upwork. I just can't find them.

Deborah C wrote:

I know their name. They told me to look them up on Upwork. I just can't find them.

If you cannot find them, asked them to find and invite you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths