cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where to purchase connects?

Timofey G Member Since: Sep 27, 2018
1 of 19

A couple of months ago I've got an email from Upwork saying that from May there will be no free connects and freelancers must purchase them for $0.15 per each. It's middle of June now and I'm running out of my connects so I'd like to buy some but I can't find such option on the site.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 19

Timofey G wrote:

A couple of months ago I've got an email from Upwork saying that from May there will be no free connects and freelancers must purchase them for $0.15 per each. It's middle of June now and I'm running out of my connects so I'd like to buy some but I can't find such option on the site.

If you don't see the purchase option on your connects page, you might not have been switched to the new system yet. 

Community Leader
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
3 of 19

I haven't been switched to the new option yet, but in the old system if you bid on a job when you have no connects, you are prompted to purchase some.  Not sure if that's changed with the new system or not.

Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
4 of 19

I think that under the old system that a basic member could not purchase connects.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5 of 19

Hi Timofey,

I checked your account and see that you have not yet been switched to the new connects system. Your current plan is the freelancer basic which automatically gives you 60 connects every billing cycle. Upon checking, you still have 36 connects left and your connects will refresh by June 26, 2019.

-Joanne
Untitled
Magnus F Member Since: May 20, 2019
6 of 19

I've got a follow up question. I'm mostly using the app (iOS) but I really can't find where to buy connects in it. My experience is that I've looked everywhere, on the profile, in the settings etc etc... So, whenever I need to buy connects being away from home I always log into the mobile page (not the app) and there it is. Membership & Connects... but that tab can't be found in the app. Not with MY eyes, at least Smiley Happy 

Am I blind or is this feature missing?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 19

Hi Magnus, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to confirm this with the team. Please know that purchasing connects through the app is not being offered at the moment. You should be able to purchase connects by logging in to your account through a web browser. 

-Avery
Untitled
Pete J Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
8 of 19
Hi, I also am out of connects and don’t have an option to get more. Can anyone help?
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 19

Hi Pete, 

You should be able to purchase additional Connects on your account by going to this page of your account (Settings > Membership & Connects). From there, please click on the "Add More Connects" button.

Let me know if this isn't the case for you so that I can look into this further.

-Avery
Untitled
Magnus F Member Since: May 20, 2019
10 of 19

This question comes up from time to time I've noticed, and also by myself a while ago. I think it's simply a matter of this. 

People know where to buy connects. 

But in the mobile app, it's not a possibility. 

Which is a bit strange. I'd say Upwork would sell a lot more connects if that function was implemented. In the pipe, maybe? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS