🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Where to purchase connects?
Page options
creadal
Community Member

Where to purchase connects?

A couple of months ago I've got an email from Upwork saying that from May there will be no free connects and freelancers must purchase them for $0.15 per each. It's middle of June now and I'm running out of my connects so I'd like to buy some but I can't find such option on the site.

58 REPLIES 58
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Timofey G wrote:

A couple of months ago I've got an email from Upwork saying that from May there will be no free connects and freelancers must purchase them for $0.15 per each. It's middle of June now and I'm running out of my connects so I'd like to buy some but I can't find such option on the site.

If you don't see the purchase option on your connects page, you might not have been switched to the new system yet. 

Hae martina p?am jackson.Guide me on how i ca n buy connects on upwork

Hi Jackson,

To purchase connects please go to Settings > Membership & Connects > Add Connects. To learn more about this check out this Help Article. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

First of all thank for your email but i am facing another error from long time whenever I am trying to buy the connects i am facing some error like your payment could not be proceed please choose another alternate payment method ( Screenshot attached ), I can't understand after linking the bank account why i am facing this problem, It would be great if you can help me in this.

Regards
Saurabh Thakkar

Hi Saurabh,

Could you please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges? If it is, let me know here and I will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

First of all thank for your email but i am facing another error from long time whenever I am trying to buy the connects i am facing some error like your payment could not be proceed please choose another alternate payment method , I can't understand after linking the bank account why i am facing this problem, It would be great if you can help me in this.

Regard,
kafia khan

Hi Kafia,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account enabled for international charges. In the meantime you can also try to add another billing method to purchase connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i have checked with bank.my account is able to international charges.and i m adding billing method.i m again  facing error like Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Hi Kafia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

my debit card only have first name as per my id card and record.how can i fill the last name.

Hi Kafia,

In cases like this we would suggest a user to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and your name in the last name field. That would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I joined upwork a few days ago and my profile got approved but I cannot purchase connects. When I go to settings, membership and connects there is not a button to click on to purchase connects.

Hi Monique,

When you go to Membership & Connects you will need to click on the Add Connects button. On the new window, you will simply need to select the bundle you wish to purchase and click the green "Buy Connects" button to complete the process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have no the button Add connects.
Is that app bug or smth else?

Hi Artem,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I want to activate Membership Plus plan through my credit/Visa card but not able to do this As Upwork showing error. plz help me for this. How can I activate this plan?

Hi Fatima,

Could you please share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, Screenshot is attached here.

##- Please type your reply above this li

Hi Fatima,

I`m not able to view any screenshots in your post. Please just copy and paste the message error you`re receiving on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Now check it

Hi Fatima,

I had a look and would like to advise you to contact your bank and check why the specific charges are being declined. In the meantime, feel free to add and use an alternative billing method.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I checked my Bank account Balance now, Upwork deduct balance of 14.9$ for
Membership Plus plan activation. But they did not activate this on my
account although balance has been deducted from my bank account.

martina p. how i can apply free on job and option purchase connection not show. how it possible
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Waleed, 

Unless a job does not require Connects, you will need Connects in order to bid for jobs in the Upwork marketplace. If you wish to purchase Connects, please go to your Membership & Connects page (Settings > Memberships & Connects) to purchase Connects. You may read more about Connects here. 

~ Avery
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

I haven't been switched to the new option yet, but in the old system if you bid on a job when you have no connects, you are prompted to purchase some.  Not sure if that's changed with the new system or not.

I think that under the old system that a basic member could not purchase connects.

JoanneP

Hi Timofey,

I checked your account and see that you have not yet been switched to the new connects system. Your current plan is the freelancer basic which automatically gives you 60 connects every billing cycle. Upon checking, you still have 36 connects left and your connects will refresh by June 26, 2019.

~ Joanne
Upwork
anoraq
Community Member

I've got a follow up question. I'm mostly using the app (iOS) but I really can't find where to buy connects in it. My experience is that I've looked everywhere, on the profile, in the settings etc etc... So, whenever I need to buy connects being away from home I always log into the mobile page (not the app) and there it is. Membership & Connects... but that tab can't be found in the app. Not with MY eyes, at least 🙂 

Am I blind or is this feature missing?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Magnus, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to confirm this with the team. Please know that purchasing connects through the app is not being offered at the moment. You should be able to purchase connects by logging in to your account through a web browser. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear Avery!

How to buy without any create/debit and PayPal card number for connects of Upwork.?

Hi, I also am out of connects and don’t have an option to get more. Can anyone help?

Hi Pete, 

You should be able to purchase additional Connects on your account by going to this page of your account (Settings > Membership & Connects). From there, please click on the "Add More Connects" button.

Let me know if this isn't the case for you so that I can look into this further.

~ Avery
Upwork
anoraq
Community Member

This question comes up from time to time I've noticed, and also by myself a while ago. I think it's simply a matter of this. 

People know where to buy connects. 

But in the mobile app, it's not a possibility. 

Which is a bit strange. I'd say Upwork would sell a lot more connects if that function was implemented. In the pipe, maybe? 

petra_r
Community Member

Magnus F wrote:

. I'd say Upwork would sell a lot more connects if that function was implemented.

Upwork's business model is not to "sell a lot more connects" - it's serious freelancers making them a lot of money in fees.

I would hazard a guess that the freelancers who make them the most money actually buy the fewest connects.

kbrungot
Community Member

I am not able to find where I purchase connects. I have the basic membership, so if I need the next level up to be able to purchase connects, how do I go about doing that?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katherine,

To purchase additional Connects:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Memberships & Connects
  3. Click Add More Connects

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. Check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adaptise
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Pete, 

You should be able to purchase additional Connects on your account by going to this page of your account (Settings > Membership & Connects). From there, please click on the "Add More Connects" button.

Let me know if this isn't the case for you so that I can look into this further.

I just want to point out that your link is linking to someone's email address, rather than the URL that I think you intended on linking to. Might want to edit that 😉

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate the flag, Jeff! Robot Happy

I have edited it to flag the correct link. (I've been having clipboard issues on my Mac. Robot Sad)

~ Avery
Upwork
adaptise
Community Member

No worries, although now that I've quoted you, I just realized I can't edit MY comment, to remove said link either....?!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths