🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Where to purchase connects?
Page options
creadal
Community Member

Where to purchase connects?

A couple of months ago I've got an email from Upwork saying that from May there will be no free connects and freelancers must purchase them for $0.15 per each. It's middle of June now and I'm running out of my connects so I'd like to buy some but I can't find such option on the site.

58 REPLIES 58
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've updated that link too, Jeff! Robot Very Happy

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi there... I just wanted to ask why I got only 20 connects on signing up...??? it depends on country or what???

As I received only 20 connects, now after I've spent all of them, now I've no connects to use. Kindly guide me where to buy them and Will I get the other 40 connects from the previous 60 connects or not???

Hi Junaid,

After their registration is accepted, a new freelancer receives 20 free Connects to help get them started. According to our new Connects policy, you'll need to purchase Connects in order to submit proposals. Connects are sold in the following bundles: 10 for $1.50, 20 for $3, 40 for $6, 60 for $9, 80 for $12. Purchasing Connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects. To purchase connects, please go to your Settings > Membership & Connects and there, you'll see a button that says 'Add More Connects' from where you can continue with the purchase.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jbeihl82
Community Member

How long does it take for connects to refresh? Is it at the beginning of each new month? Quarterly? Monthly?

James B wrote:
How long does it take for connects to refresh? Is it at the beginning of each new month? Quarterly? Monthly?

If you have a plus membership, it's monthly based on your billing cycle. If you don't, there is no "refreshing." You purchase new connects as you need them, or purchase a bunch to work off of for a while (they're good for one year).

Where on the sir It app do you purchase connects? I tried looking and couldn’t find an option to purchase on the website. Also where do you go if you want to upgrade your membership.

Hi James,

To purchase more connects or upgrade your membership plan go to Settings > Membership & Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
blendq
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I'm wondering how do I buy connects from Upwork directly, without a need to use any cards?
Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raju and Blend,

This will depend on your location but all freelancers can purchase connects only with a prepaid card or a credit card. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
arelys70
Community Member

Hi,i am trying to buy connects from my paypal account but i dont have credit card. my account in paypal already have a positive balance. how i can do?

Hi arelys,

All Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card, prepaid card, or using Upwork available balance. Thank you.

Hi Arelys,

You will need to have a verified PayPal account and a credit card connected to your wallet so that you can purchase Connects. 
You can also check out our other Billing methods on this Link and add another one to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fatima-zahir
Community Member

I tried to purchase plus membership at my freelancer account but at that time I got a message that, (Your payment cannot be proceed, Use alternative billing account) But meanwhile my debit card linked with my bank account debited the fee amount

Therefore I want you to look into the matter, please, and restore my plus membership or return the charged amount back.

Hi Fatima,

Could you please send me a private message with more information about the transaction your're referring to?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have added Billing Method to buy connects, but i am unable to buy connects because every time it says "Payment was declined". I am using VISA Debit Card. As i have searched i have found that may be my VISA card may need to be verified by Upwork, but i am unable to find any way to Verify it too. I need help on this issue,

Thankyou

Hi, I am trying from last 2 months to add my bank account in billing method & purchase connects. But after adding billing method when I process to buy connects, they were showing (Payment was declined) (We could not proceed with ur request please try later) . I have tried Master card, Visa card, Debit card but no one is working. Kindly assist me in resolving this issue so I am able to work on upwork. Please help me and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Hi Fatima,

Our team reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your billing method. You can access your tickets on this Link and follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bf5fb4bc
Community Member

Hey I have ran out of my connects and I want to buy more. I don't have any Upwork earning as yet. Where can I buy connects???

Hi Abdullah,

To purchase Connects you must add a billing method for your account. To help make this easy for you, we offer three billing methods: Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, and Upwork Balance. Learn all about it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths