🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wherefore Art Thou Cliento
Page options
shawnleonhardt
Community Member

Wherefore Art Thou Cliento

I had a client last winter who was really great with work, milestones, and paying on time. They funded a large amount iniitally and would make it available with each article/milestone. But the last amount wasn't set up in a milestone. I didn't even realize at first, he was such a good client and people space or this place glitches. No biggie. (In a nutshell the escrow says $XXX while the milestone says 0 ).

He disappeared in the winter when Covid hit his area and I've not heard one word since. I've tried multiple normal non intrusive routes to contact him to no avail. I hope nothing is wrong, but the job has been clearly dropping my score at this point. 

So first I wonder if I can get that last bit of money. And if I can't will canceling it with money still there kill my JSS? Or because the milestone wasn't officially funded will it not matter? I definitely want the money, but I will fall in line with and appease the gods of the algorithm if needed. 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Shawn L wrote:

but the job has been clearly dropping my score at this point

The job has not affected your JSS. Money has been paid under it and you don't have excessive idle jobs. It's perfectly neutral, doing neither any good nor any harm.

It could be tricky to get the money, as there isn't an active milestone. If you close the job, it again won't hurt your JSS, because money was paid, BUT closing the contract will send the escrow funds back to the client.

I figured it may be hard to get the money. Any moderators out there hear of this problem before? Where the money is in escrow but they didn’t fund the next milestone?

If it’s impossible to get, then I will just cancel the project. Unless Upwork has some sort of magic to find my missing client?? Like Professor X of the X-Men and his Cerebro computer that allows him to see all humans? If they have something like that we could find my client. And also learn if mutant super heroes exist. It would be a win win.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members