🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Which are the most marketable email marketing...
Page options
sebastianot
Community Member

Which are the most marketable email marketing platforms for a freelance to learn?

Hi, 

I have a backgroudn in digital media sales. I want to learn some specialized digital marketing skills such as email marketing. 

Which are the most marketable email marketing platforms for a freelancer to learn?  Or do I need to learn like 3 of them? If so, which one 1st? I also dont want to loose a lot of $ with the paid sub as Im still learning!

Thank you

S

1 REPLY 1
flrgx
Community Member

If you have a background in digital media sales, you should already be familiar with digital marketing and email marketing systems.

Most of the platforms out there have a free tier or free 1 month trial, but if you don't know how to use them, you should probably build a mail list using a blog and create a free newsletter for subscribers, with your digital media skills.

To get you started, mailchimp and constantcontact are 2 of the big players.

Mandrill is a SMTP server which gets past a lot of the compliance problems that come with sending from a SMTP relay on a separate IP address or domain.

I'd suggest you learn about

SMTP relays

SPF checking

SPF compliance and records

DKIM

DMARC

GDPR compliance

Australian Spam law

open and read rates

Something like Seth Godin's "Permission Marketing" is a great way to learn how to build a mail list through providing free value to legitimately get interest.

Once you have experience in these areas, you can start honing your email marketing skills.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members