Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is Better

rajjatgarg
Ace Contributor
Rajjat G Member Since: Sep 24, 2016
1 of 9

I do a perfect job from my side and make changes where he feels something wrong. Because he provided extra content and I asked for extra to do extra work provided. After the completion of the project, I asked him to leave reviews and he leaves 3.5 rating with I very long review full of frustration because of that extra charges.

For future, I want to ask that which thing is better for JSS to get a low feedback (like 3.5) or not to get any feedback.

Hope for your valuable reviews.

Regards,

Rajjat Garg

quijibo
Community Guru
Alexander F Member Since: Mar 10, 2017
2 of 9

Stop worrying about your JSS because you will keep getting bad feedback, especially since you insist on claiming that you "have an excellent command over English"  which is clearly nonsense. 

Stop **Edited for Community Guidelines** to your clients and maybe your JSS will improve. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 9

Rajjat:

I feel like what you ran into here was a client who doesn't really understand the fixed-price contract model.

If this client had a bunch of changes to make, then he should have been paying you for your time using an hourly contract.

There's not a whole lot you can do about that, other than try to watch out for that kind of thing in the future. Don't look at 3.5 as bad feedback. Don't try to hide it. Keep the money. Do great work, and this client's silly comments will be seen as inappropropriate when compared to the rest of your work history.

In the the future, I recommend being careful with clients like this. Do your fixed-price work as specified. If they need more work beyond that, then tell them they need to use an hourly contract. If you feel like they're a complainer, then you don't need to do a further contract with them at all.

View solution in original post

rajjatgarg
Ace Contributor
4 of 9

Oh, I think you are a master in English. Will you teach me? Smiley LOL I think that your reading skills are not good at all. I am asking a reply regarding feedback and JSS not about "My English Skills". I think you should have to read it first and then reply to it.

quijibo
Community Guru
Alexander F Member Since: Mar 10, 2017
5 of 9
Nope. You are asking what is better for your JSS and the answer is simple: stop lying to your clients.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 9

@Rajjat G wrote:

Oh, I think you are a master in English. Will you teach me? Smiley LOL I think that your reading skills are not good at all. I am asking a reply regarding feedback and JSS not about "My English Skills".

They are related to be honest.

When you over-promise and under-deliver in any area of your business it will come back and bite you. That client has only given poor feedback once before, all other feedback given by that client is excellent. So it's not a habitual "bad feedback giver" - Something went wrong there and it seems very likely that your client management and communication skills could do with some improvement (the latter is very evident in your forum posts.)

This feedback will hit your already appallingly bad JSS even further.

4evra
Milan S Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
7 of 9

Appologies for wondering offtopic, but I would like to point out that he holds a 1st place in English Spelling Test (UK Version) with completion time of 9 minutes.

That is a way too big of a gap between his tests results and the actuall knowledge he's showing here and on his profile.

How is that even possible?

rajjatgarg
Ace Contributor
8 of 9

Life is all about learning. I can read and understand English of any level. But while making sentences I just use simple and basic English so that every can understand or say I'm not perfect for advanced English. I got first place because I strong vocabulary. I think you got all your answers.

Now as community members are writing about my English skills then I want to ask the community, what I can do to improve my English writing skills?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

Rajjat G wrote:.

Now as community members are writing about my English skills then I want to ask the community, what I can do to improve my English writing skills?

The best way is to spend many years in an English speaking country, ideally without speaking your native language at all (or hardly ever.)

The first few years I lived in the U.K.  I avoided anything German like the plague. I only watched English TV, read only English books and magazines, stayed away from Germans, and the only German I used was to call my mum.

I found that every time I spoke or read German for any length of time my English deteriorated and it took hours to "get back into it" properly..

Personally I believe that it is very difficult to get to a point of real fluency in any language without having been truly immersed in that language for some time. It is not just vocabulary and grammar, it's fine nuances, local context, idioms, humor, "between the lines" things and so on.

True fluency doesn't matter for many of the categories on Upwork. For writers and translators it is a basic requirement though...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS