cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which job I prefer?

Ali A Member Since: May 3, 2016
1 of 4

Hi,

I am new in the upwork. I see, there are lots of job available related with my skill-sets. Some jobs are posted few hours ago, some jobs are posted 1 day ago, some are posted 2/3/4... days ago and some are posted 1 month/2 months or few months ago. So which are the best choice to get the client's response quickly.

Regards

Ali A

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 4

All of them or none of them. Take your pic.

Community Guru
Tom R Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
3 of 4

@Ali A wrote:

Hi,

I am new in the upwork. I see, there are lots of job available related with my skill-sets. Some jobs are posted few hours ago, some jobs are posted 1 day ago, some are posted 2/3/4... days ago and some are posted 1 month/2 months or few months ago. So which are the best choice to get the client's response quickly.

Regards

Ali A

There is no way for us to say which one of those jobs, based on posting dates, will garner a fast response from a client. Older jobs may or may not already be hired out. Or they may no longer be valid for a variety of reasons, including the client not finding a suitable contractor. Some of those jobs could be scam jobs so they'll never get a real response.

I'm going to say you should look at job postings, look at the client history, see how old the job is, are there interviewes or hires? How many contractors are bidding? There are many factors that freelancers use to determine if a job is right for them. You'll need to decide what factors are best for you to make decisions on jobs.

The other factor that can make you get a faster response from a client that sees your proprosal is to make it a proposal that will catch their eye and make them consider it over the others. 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 4

For me, the quickest responses seem (and this makes perfect sense) to be based not on age of the job or number of proposals, but on how specifically suited to the project I am. Under those circumstances, I have been hired within an hour of a job being posted and have been quickly hired after a job has been languishing for quite a while. 

I would strongly suggest that rather than trying to glean a (non-existent) pattern regarding "chances" based on job age, other bids, etc. you simply seek out and target those jobs where you have something specific to offer that sets you apart from the probable competition and makes you the logical best choice.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS