cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one is better a contact ended by me or by client? Which one is bad for me?

arefin319
Active

I have a fixed price contact of $250. As all we know that it is devided into several milestones. Each milestone consist of $5.0. The job is answering various questions of a website community members. My answers are being rated with a specific set of rules and regulations. All of the answers are not taken into account hence they have no effect on my earning. Only quick, accurate & sometimes different answers are helping on my earning. Normally each corrch answers worth .02 credit point and answers those have been published or give to the customer worth .09 point. I started to work from the very begining of this community service. So at the begining most of my answers were take into account and published so working on the project was not so difficult. But now, as an example I could publish only 2 answers during my 12 hrs of active working time and earned only 3 credit points. Which means my 12 hrs of working time valued only $3.0. In this sutuation I want to close or end the contact. I am relatively on upwork so actually I don't know ending a contact by myself will make what kind of effect on my profile or JS.  

 

I think those who work on Upwork for a long time obviously konw the ansewer and solution of my problem. I need their expert opinion on this problem of mine.

8 REPLIES 8
mthornton-cpc
Community Guru

Samsul, cancelling a contract is never good for your JSS, but sometimes it's the best option - if you are investing more time than you are getting paid for, by example. It sounds to me that your contract is absurd. Is the actual work you are doing different than what is listed in your contract for the job? If so, you have grounds to end the contract because the work is not what you were hired to do. However, be aware that the client will be able to leave feedback which may be negative. You will have the same opportunity to leave feedback for your client. If I were you, though, I wouldn't let that stop me from ending that working arrangement because it seems very exploitative. 

maheshajwani
Community Guru

Hi Samsul, 

 

I would suggest you to talk to your client, explain him/her your situation simply tell him/her that unfortunately you will not be able work for him/her because of the reason and ask him/her to end the contract, I am sure a good client will understand your situation.

 

And I agree with Melissa there is no point of working if you are investing more time than you are getting paid for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

tlsanders
Community Guru

Does anyone else think this contract violates TOS? 

 

I'm on the fence, but isn't only paying for selected pieces of work but keeping and using the others requiring free work?


@Tiffany S wrote:

Does anyone else think this contract violates TOS? 

 

I'm on the fence, but isn't only paying for selected pieces of work but keeping and using the others requiring free work?


hehe I was wondering that too. Most of the time, these jobs involve spamming links, which is probably why he has a low rate of acceptance on whatever site he's doing this on. There is a job up now for Quora answers with multiple accounts. Obviously against ToS and just stupid spam. I'm betting the OP is doing something similar. Lots of spammers and low quality providers that do this stuff on this site.  


@Jennifer M wrote:

@Tiffany S wrote:

Does anyone else think this contract violates TOS? 

 

I'm on the fence, but isn't only paying for selected pieces of work but keeping and using the others requiring free work?


hehe I was wondering that too. Most of the time, these jobs involve spamming links, which is probably why he has a low rate of acceptance on whatever site he's doing this on. There is a job up now for Quora answers with multiple accounts. Obviously against ToS and just stupid spam. I'm betting the OP is doing something similar. Lots of spammers and low quality providers that do this stuff on this site.  


**bleep**, and I've gone and become a top-viewed author in a bunch of categories for free? I really need to explore my options better. 

I love Quora! But the spammers are starting to catch wind of it and trying ways to get their stupid answers to show up. Quora does a really good job of keeping them away it seems. 

 

I stick to Reddit for ultra snark though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Samsul A wrote:

I have a fixed price contact of $250. As all we know that it is devided into several milestones. Each milestone consist of $5.0. The job is answering various questions of a website community members. My answers are being rated with a specific set of rules and regulations. All of the answers are not taken into account hence they have no effect on my earning. Only quick, accurate & sometimes different answers are helping on my earning. Normally each corrch answers worth .02 credit point and answers those have been published or give to the customer worth .09 point. I started to work from the very begining of this community service. So at the begining most of my answers were take into account and published so working on the project was not so difficult. But now, as an example I could publish only 2 answers during my 12 hrs of active working time and earned only 3 credit points. Which means my 12 hrs of working time valued only $3.0. In this sutuation I want to close or end the contact. I am relatively on upwork so actually I don't know ending a contact by myself will make what kind of effect on my profile or JS.  

 

I think those who work on Upwork for a long time obviously konw the ansewer and solution of my problem. I need their expert opinion on this problem of mine.


I think the best thing you can do is to end this contract. You will never earn 250 USD. Look at the client's job history. He hired over 200 freelancers for this job and has interviewed 1,000! However, he has spent not much more than 1 USD on average per freelancer. Anyway, the client is a Top Tier client for whatever reason. 

I would first report the job to CS, and then end the contract. CS may be able to intervene.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS