🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Who Pays the Conversion Fee?
Page options
christinachall
Community Member

Who Pays the Conversion Fee?

Hello Everyone,

I read through the info on it, but for various reasons today my brain just feels oversaturated, so I'm asking for help.

Am I correct when I interpretted the Upwork conversion fee as only having to be paid by clients and freelancers who decide to take their relationship off platform? Anyone who chooses to keep their Upwork business on Upwork doens't have to worry about this conversion fee, is that right?

If anyone knowledgeable on the subject can confirm or deny the way I read this, I'd really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christina,

You can refer to Section 7 of the User Agreement for detailed information. In the case when clients and freelancers who have met through Upwork wish to work together directly outside of Upwork, we provide the option to do this easily, with a one-time payment of the Upwork Conversion Fee.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
vipan34
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
By mistake, I opted for a conversion fee without knowing it. Is there any way to reverse it?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vipan,

I'll be happy to escalate this request. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request? I’ll be sure to escalate it accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Christina H wrote:

Anyone who chooses to keep their Upwork business on Upwork doens't have to worry about this conversion fee, is that right?

That is, of course, correct.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members