🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Who is cheating?
Page options
hermanng
Community Member

Who is cheating?

When applying for a job, I avoide those with 20+ applications. However, lately I have noticed a problem with UpWorks. I look at a job description and it says 'less than 5" it takes me maybe 5 to 15 minutes to complete my application and after I submitted it I check again with the listing and now it says "20 to 50 applications" 

Within 5 Minutes???? something is fishy here and I wonder what?

2 REPLIES 2
mato0618
Community Member

I've observered this trend as well. More than a couple jobs that I was writing proposals for that before I could finish writing there were either 20 or more proposals or an interview, or a hire. Some of these showed between 5-10 minutes. Not even long enough for me to write a proposal. Some of the freelancers seem pretty quick. 

Anyway I'll just keep working it. Hopefully my dry well with fill up with water soon.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Hermann,

It is also possible that other freelancers have started their application but haven't submitted it yet and that is why you`re seeing less than 5 proposals.

In order for the details on the job post to be updated, you will need to refresh the page. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members