Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is "Right Away" introduced for?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 8

In the Upwork Android App, everytime I set my status to "Right Away" it displays this warning below. 

2016-01-16 17.30.41.png

Answering emails in 10 minutes? Is the client well educated what does "Right Away" mean anyway?

What if I need to take a little nap? Should I leave my bed freaked out because I forgot to adjust that status to "Later"? 

What if I wanted to take a warm shower and couldn't resist the hot water and stayed fifteen while someone contacted me during that time?

The list goes on... So who on earth is able to set his status to "Right Away" and respond within 10 minutes? 

Another example of Upwork's weird inventions and advanced technologies.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

haha I think I saw this for me too. I don't see it anymore. I forget how I saw it. I keep the message center up on my tablet and my desktop, so I'm pretty quick to answer unless I'm busy or I'm loathe to answer someone.

It's not because I want to give 110%. It's because I want to get the conversation over with so I can go back to my Netflix.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
3 of 8

I had the app on my phone for a whole week. I promptly removed it because I got tired of hearing the notifications during my "off time" or worse, while I'm heavy in the middle of a project and a notification dings on my phone that a client responded. I found it too distracting, so I removed it.

I did play around with it some, though, and did see that "Right Away" option - and laughed thinking the same thing as you, Wassim. I forget which option I set mine to now, but it most certainly wasn't that one.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 8

Hey Dawn, 

You may download the App again now. I was annoyed too at the beginning but now they updated it and you can make the notification silent and without phone vibration if you want. You can also remove the notifications completely but I kind of like it.

I personally think that the Upwork App is a must have, but of course it depends on every person's personality. 

W

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 8

Honestly, I didn't even use it in the week that I had it installed. I don't type as well when I'm on my phone (fat-finger syndrome, I like to call it lol), so I avoid doing that as much as I possibly can - especially with work-related messages/emails.

No, the app is pretty useless for me at the moment. If they'd have it set up so that we can see the job feed within the app, then it might be useful for me. At least, then I could "save" jobs that interest me from my phone so that I can submit a proposal to them later when I'm at my computer again lol.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 8

Finally! Something fat in Dawn's body. Cheer up Jennifer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 8

Hahahaha! That's right... it starts in the hands, not the thighs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 8
...For the investors/marketers who are wetting themselves over "speed" as the latest buzzword in contracting.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS