Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who wants a Lightroom Test?

Highlighted
Govinda T Member Since: May 26, 2015
1 of 5

Hi Eveyone!

I recently wrote to the Upwork support team to ask them if they could add a Lightroom test to the the list of tests you can take. The reason why I feel this would be a necessery step is because over the last few years Lightroom has become quite a powerful photo editing program, and as a photo editor myself, I have realised that more and more of my pictures do not even need to be procesed through Photoshop anymore, unless of course you are doing some heavier manipulation.

The problem with there only being a Photoshop test is that unless you know the ins and outs of the whole program then naturally you cannot score a good mark in the test section. For basic photo manipulation you do not need to know the whole Photoshop program and in many cases you actually do not even need to use the program entierly. I am sure that there are many people who perfer Photoshop to edit their pictures but there are also those (including myself) whos main workflow goes through Lightroom only.

After expressing these points to the Upwork support team they replied that in general they only created a test when there was a demand for one. They also advised me to open a discussion thread with the community to see what everyone else thought.

If you are a Photo editor/manipulator like me, and you feel that having the ability to take a Lightroom test would help you then please voice your interest here!

Warm Regards

Govinda Thompson 

Highlighted
Mavis Kevin P Member Since: May 25, 2015
2 of 5

I can agree with this. Lightroom test is very helpful for editors like us. Photoshop on the hand, can only mean familiarity of the program not the actual skill based that are being asked in the test whereas in a Lightroom test, familiarity of the program is very much needed and critical know-how for any Photo Retouchers out there especially with batch resizing and the likes.

Highlighted
Govinda T Member Since: May 26, 2015
3 of 5

Hi Mavis!

Thanks for your input, I hope we can gather more people to this thread who think along the same lines. We will need quite a few people in order tp convince the Upwork support team that it would be a benefit to add in the Lightroom test.

Highlighted
Nicholas C Member Since: May 26, 2015
4 of 5

Hi Govinda,

I definitely believe there should be a Lightroom test! Personally I do not use photoshop and do all of my editing in Lightroom.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Govinda,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to the team responsible for updating Upwork skill tests.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS