Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Why Does Browser Change Order of Jobs Shown on Profile

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
1 of 8

I just noticed a quirk with how jobs are listed on your profile.

If I copy the link from my profile and paste it into Chrome, if jobs list "newest first" the order of jobs is

  •  
  • I need an article writen for an inner company news letter 1000-2000 words
  • Seeking B2B Software Marketing Copywriter
  • Need monthly ongoing SEO for my website
  • Website traffic
  • Healthcare Copywriter
  • Looking for a writer for a blog on green, organic, and environment-friendly solutions
  • Writer for Pool Services Company
  • It also says that there are 6 additional projects.
  • But, if I paste that link into a FireFox browser the order of jobs "newest first" is
  • Healthcare Copywriter
  • Guide to Building B2B eCommerce Team
  • Proposal proofreading
  • 5 pages for Tax Firm
  • and it shows 298 additional projects
  • Shouldn't the jobs show the same no matter what browser the client uses?
  •  
  •  
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

That is what happens when you look at your profile while logged in versus logged out.

 

The logged out view only shows contracts that resulted from job posts that were posted publicly, not those posted for Upwork users only or private invite to "carry over" the client's privacy choices from the job post.

 

So it has nothing to do with Chrome v Firefox, and everything to do with "logged out" v "logged in"

 

 

Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
3 of 8

so what do clients see when they look at your profile?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

Cheryl K wrote:

so what do clients see when they look at your profile?


That depends on whether they are logged in or logged out of Upwork.

Logged in they see the full history plus an Invite and a Hire button.

Logged out they see with some jobs excluded (all that resulted from job posts which were private or "Upwork users only") and the note that the freelancer has more jobs and to log in or sign up to see the full history.

 

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
5 of 8

Probably for the same reason the "Lifetime Billings with Each Client" is displayed in a completely random order every single time the page is reloaded.

 

Upwork. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 8

Steven E. L wrote:

Probably for the same reason the "Lifetime Billings with Each Client" is displayed in a completely random order every single time the page is reloaded.

 

Upwork. There is no rhyme or reason to it.


Which part of "It depends on the visibility setting of the original job post" went right over your head?

 

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
7 of 8

Petra R wrote:

Steven E. L wrote:

Probably for the same reason the "Lifetime Billings with Each Client" is displayed in a completely random order every single time the page is reloaded.

 

Upwork. There is no rhyme or reason to it.


Which part of "It depends on the visibility setting of the original job post" went right over your head?

 


It's impossible to see the "Lifetime Billings with Each Client" without being logged in.  Sooo ... ummm ...

 

I realize you needed to denigrate someone this morning.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 8

Steven E. L wrote:


It's impossible to see the "Lifetime Billings with Each Client" without being logged in.  Sooo ... ummm ...


The question wasn't about lifetime billings with each client. That is broken and has been for months, probably years.

It has nothing to do with visibility of freelancer history in different browsers or when logged in or out in any way. So it's not "for the same reason" - one is broken, one is working as designed.

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS