🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why Freelancer's hire rate is so low ?
Page options
56c1d2ae
Community Member

Why Freelancer's hire rate is so low ?

I have joined Upwork around 5 month. In these days I have sent more than 45 proposal(some boosted and some organic).But I have Interviewed with 5-6 time and got hired 4 time only. I noticed when I boosted a proposal, sometime boosted connect price(for a single proposal) crossed the total budget of that project. So the competition is very high. 

After that, when you did your best for getting hired and spent month and month, but result is not going good. it is really disapointing.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

When you got hired 4 times from 5-6 interviews, it means you have no problem in convincing the client.

Before that, you need to have a good proposal and profile to make clients interview you after they read your proposal.

And before that, there's the notorious Upwork's secretive sorting algo that (arguably) determines if your proposals will ever be read by the client or not.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yofazza
Community Member

8% hire rate is not bad. See here, she got hired 3 times out of 150 proposals (2%). Another freelancer below has 0.5%.

Why Freelancer's hire rate is so low ?

It's just the way it is. It should be consistent with the number of clients vs freelancers, plus a few other variables.

yofazza
Community Member

When you got hired 4 times from 5-6 interviews, it means you have no problem in convincing the client.

Before that, you need to have a good proposal and profile to make clients interview you after they read your proposal.

And before that, there's the notorious Upwork's secretive sorting algo that (arguably) determines if your proposals will ever be read by the client or not.

56c1d2ae
Community Member

Thank you for clarification. I totally agree with you.

bobafett999
Community Member

Also,  many will ignore your proposals because of your very low rate. Many equate low rate with fresh inexperienced freelancers who deliver low quality results.

yofazza
Community Member

Just want to add something.

sometime boosted connect price(for a single proposal) crossed the total budget of that project. So the competition is very high. 

They do that because:

• They will only pay as much as the booster in the 4th place paid.
  • They expect to negotiate later, or to get more jobs from the client later. You can contact (or annoy) your ex-clients anytime you want.

Yes the competition is high. Competition to get jobs, not to provide quality work if you ask me.

I can see some 'logic' in all of Upwork's recent/controversial decisions. Whether those decisions will really/finally bring them profit or not, still remains to be seen.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members