🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I am not receiving interviews or replies ...
Page options
986eef3f
Community Member

Why I am not receiving interviews or replies to my proposal?

Hello everyone, 

Since it's been a month, I"m not received replies to my proposals and new jobs. Even, after having 1-2 interviews, they are not hiring me. Can Anyone please help me to find the solution to this problem? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deardipu
Community Member

Hi Krithyaa, 

1. You may work with your profile picture. It should have allowed to see your face instead of entire you. You may read Upwork profile picture guidance. 

2. There are thousand of freelancers available already in your category. So be patient and take care of your garden, one day butterflies will fly to your garden. 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
JoanneP

Hi Krithyaa,

I understand that you are concerned about not hearing back from clients. I know that it can be disappointing, but there isn't always a guarantee that clients will respond to every proposal you submit. Here are some tips to help  you improve your profile and write proposals: 

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Freelancer Portfolio

10 Upwork Profile Examples That Will Help You Get Clients

How To Get More Jobs on Upwork in 2021

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write a Cover Letter

You can find more helpful resources here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
986eef3f
Community Member

Hello mam, 

Hope you are doing good.

Thank you for helping me to find some solutions to my problem.

I'll follow up on these guidelines which are helpful to me. 

Thank you for your help and support.

With regards and wishes,

Krithyaa.

deardipu
Community Member

Hi Krithyaa, 

1. You may work with your profile picture. It should have allowed to see your face instead of entire you. You may read Upwork profile picture guidance. 

2. There are thousand of freelancers available already in your category. So be patient and take care of your garden, one day butterflies will fly to your garden. 

Thank you. 

jamilhossain22
Community Member

keep trying ma'am, research more about the cover letter one day you have to successful 🙂 

b013cddd
Community Member

same problem

Hello lebonnya,

I have got some replies to my queries. And I think that these replies will help you, too.

Thanking you,

With best regards,

Krithyaa.

I'll definitely look into it. 

092e4a6d
Community Member

hey krithya,

You will try harder to send a proposal and one day you will become a top rated plus on Upwork.

Thanks

Chirag

2ef54d61
Community Member

I've blown through probably 50 connects this month and haven't received so much as a reply, nor have I received a single legit invite. I have 100% JSS, top-rated, and over 30 completed jobs with plenty of glowing reviews. April was great, and then May hit and my page took a nosedive for no reason I can understand. 

Have any of you experienced this and if so, what did you do to address it, if anything?

Competition for the few REAL jobs on here is getting tough.

Yeah. I'm in a very specialized field and still see 50+ proposals on most jobs. At that point, I don't even bother wasting my connects. 

I think there is a period of a dry spell is common in all trades/skills/industries. I had a scare in March with very few jobs even to apply to, then April was good, and kicked off some projects, now in the last 10 days, there was no job posted that I would apply for. I think it is the general nature of business and freelancing. And yes, the completion has increased significantly, in my trade 2 years ago, there were about a dozen other freelancers with similar skills and experience like mine, now it is like 50+. 

I use these periods to develop my skills, improve my processes, come up with project catalogue ideas and jobs, and sit in front of the laptop 10 hours/day, pitching old clients (politely), and searching for alternatives to increase my reach (however, I have to admit after checking all major freelance platform, that they are nowhere compared to Upwork in the business I'm: information security consulting, maybe other trades/skills working better on other platforms, there are no quality jobs for me).

k_pitman
Community Member

Competition has gotten much greater since covid, plus there seems to be less actual jobs posted to this site. I've been on here for years, have a great rating, and still hard for me to get gigs now.

sapphire31
Community Member

i'm not an agency,  but I'm facing the same issue here.  There's even acweek that I got zero traffic and I've been here  for more than seven years.  When I'm following up on invited projects,  no response.  The last time this happens, my profile could not be found.  What cpuld be the reason this time?  Is anyone here experiencing the same? 

Yes Helen, having the same issue, i'm Top Rated with 100% success rate and in the last 3 weeks i got 0 views.Not sure what could be the issue, i'm thinking that i should contact support. I'm also not getting any interviews when i send a proposal letter.

This never happened before. I have 3 weeks without any views on my profile. I believe maybe there is a mistake or a bug. I sent around 15 proposal letters and i got no interviews or views.  I recently finished a big contract and i have 100% success rate, Top rated and around 3 years in the platform.

Hi Mariano,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile views count will be increased only when a client has found you through a search result and not when they're reviewing your proposals. Freelancers in search results are also shown on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered.

With that in mind, you may want to check your profile and update your skills and tweak your title as clients may be searching for different keywords. But again, I'd like to emphasize that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members