🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why I am seeing job seeker posts in my job se...
Page options
619ce456
Community Member

Why I am seeing job seeker posts in my job searches?!

Why, when I search for new projects to apply for, do I see people coming up in my search offering their services instead?  It has been happening more this week for some reason and is quite frustrating as I am looking for work to do not for people who are looking for work to do. 

Is there some way to put these postings in a different place or some way to filter them out so I only see jobs to apply for?  

8 REPLIES 8
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Those are freelancers posting ads about their services, but they do not realize those ads will be seen by other freelancers and not the clients! 

You can flag those jobs, there is a dedicated category to mark them as "This is a freelancer ad, not a job post".

Thank you for replying and explaining this.  

Also, I just noticed you are new or at least do not have any completed projects here on Upwork. That makes you an easy target for SCAMS. Scammers usually target new freelancers!

Be very careful when replying to interview, NEVER communicate outside Upwork until a proper contract on Upwork is established. Do not send or receive money outside the platform, all financial transactions must happen on Upwork. 

things to watch out for: 

No WhatsApp / Telegram communication 

No Crypto 

No Sending receiving money outside Upwork, do not help clients with their personal affairs.  

Best of Luck! 

619ce456
Community Member

Yes, I have had a few "interviews" where the client wants to communicate outside of Upwork; I have politely informed them that I would prefer to keep everything on the site 🙂 

Jess M wrote:

Yes, I have had a few "interviews" where the client wants to communicate outside of Upwork; I have politely informed them that I would prefer to keep everything on the site 🙂 

You can remind them that it's also a TOS violation as well, if they balk. 

I have not yet had any balkers ... but that is a good idea too - thanks!  

martina_plaschka
Community Member

These are confused people who created a client account instead of a freelancer profile, and instead of writing a proposal they post a job. Many times, I even have received invitiations from them. They don't even realize that they are talking to a freelancer, not a client. 

Flag them and they will be removed pretty quickly. 

Thank you for replying and for explaining that.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members